Chapter Four

"Let her go," I said to the man holding Caroline in a choke-hold.
"Give me the cure," He said.
Damon began to get ticked off. "We don't have the damn cure. Your brother, Klaus, took it."
So he was Klaus' other brother. He let Caroline go and she kicked him in the gut and walked over to us.
"Who are you," I asked him.
"Kol Mikaelson. Klaus' brother," He responded.
Damon pulled me away from him and into his car.
"Caroline, drive home. I need...to deal with him."
Caroline took his keys and began driving off. "Are you okay," I asked her.
"Yeah. I'm fine." She sounded like she wanted to cry. I squeezed her hand and she smiled.
We arrived back at the boarding house and Elijah was there. He made sure that we were both okay.
"Damon let you drive his car without him in it? You must be growing on him," Elijah joked.
Caroline told him what happened. "Control your family, Mikaelson. If someone dies, so do you," She paused on each word, giving each word emphasis. She stalked away and I loooked at Elijah.
"I'm so sorry, Kali," He said. I smiled sadly at him.
"You apologize too much," I joked. He pulled me into a hig and kissed my cheek.
Stefan emerged from the front door and made sure I was okay.
"I'm fine, Dad. Trust me,"  I said to him.
He walked back into the house. I looked back at Elijah.
"Who's Klaus. I know he's your brother, but he seems... dangerous."
"He tried to kill everyone you know. Except you and your fake parents. He even killed me and Rebecca. Our sister."
"You have a sister! Can I meet her?"
Elijah laughed. "She's coming here today to help us find Klaus. You can meet her then. Okay?"
I nodded and grew anxious. What if she didn't like me? Elijah calmed me down by holding my hand.
Damon appeared out of nowhere and plowed into me. I fell and jumped back up. Damon muttered an apology. He walked into the house and Elijah and I followed.
"We need to find him. Pronto," Caroline said.
"We know, Care. Calm down, will you," Matt said.
"I'm not even freaking out, yet!" She screamed.
Stefan covered his laugh with a cough. Damon and I smirked, not doing a good job hiding it. Caroline groaned and sat down on the couch. I sat beside her. She smiled at me and returned her focus to the group.
"Rebecca is coming to help. She said and I quote,' Payback is a bitch'." Elijah said.
"Okay. If he's around Mystic Falls, he's bound to be found," Jeremy, my other uncle, said. He's Elena's brother. Bonnie's boyfriend. Or so I heard.
"Okay. Who wants to be in the first group out," Stefan asked.
Elijah, Matt, Caroline, Damon , and I all raises our hands.
"Okay. Elena, Jeremy, Alaric, and I will be second. Head out," Stefan said.
Elijah and I chose to be in a group searching the school. When we got there, I knew something was off. Elijah sensed it too and told me he was leading. We walked into the gym first. The first possible place Klaus could be. I spotted movement on my right and notified Elijah. He walked over slowly and something jumped out and over me. I dropped down and quickly recovered. A man with blonde hair stood before me.
"Hello, Elijah. How nice seeing you here," He said.
"Can't say I feel the same," Elijah said.
"Who do we have here," Klaus asked me.
"Kali Salvatore," I responded. Klaus smirked.
"Stefan's daughter?"
"That's me,"I said. I frowned when I noticed his hand twitching. He pulled out a needle and he tried to stab me with it. I kicked it out of his hand and broke his wrist. Elijah pushed me back and I felt a burning sensation run through my veins. My vision almost instantly went black.

"She was injected with Vervain. She needs blood, Stefan," I heard Elijah say.
"I know," Dad replied. I heard footsteps and Dad came back in.
"Kali, wake up," He said to me.
I sat up and looked at him. He held a blood bag. Human blood. I stared at him.
"You have to, Kali," He handed it to me.
I tore off the top and began to sip the blood. As soon as the blood hit my mouth, a strong hunger took over and I drained the bag. I knew I had fangs. I felt them grow and retract. Dad took the bag away and threw it away.
"You okay now," He asked me. I nodded.
"What's Vervain,"  I asked me.
"Its a poison to vampires. It weakens us. That's what you were injected with."
"I know. I heard. It burned. Is that how it feels in the sunlight," I asked. Stefan shook his head. "A million times worse. Rest. You'll need it for tomorrow."
Stefan kissed me forehead and left, shutting the door behind him. I laid back on my bed and thought about what happened.
I met Elijah's brother and he tried to kill me. Not a good first impression. I sighed and rolled over onto my side. I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to overtake me. I dreamt of Elijah and Klaus. I dreamt of Klaus killing a woman named Jenna. Elena's aunt. He killed her for a sacrifice. A terrible one, at that. Talk about weird dreams.