Chapter Three

"Kali, wake up. Now." Someone shook me awake and I slowly sat up. It was Damon.
"What,"  I asked, still sleepy.
"Elena's body is gone. She was in a coffin. She's gone."
I jumped out of bed. "What!"
Damon led me into the parlor. Everyone from yesterday was here. Stefan came up behind me. He looked like he hasn't slept.
"Damn. Kali you need to know something," He said.
"We're... not normal. Bonnie was a witch. Everyone except Matt is a vampire. We're supernaturals. This is why I hid you from me. From us."
I took a breath and looked at him. "I have been having dreams of everyone being vampires. I believe you."
"Our now dead enemy, Kai put a spell on Bonnie and Elena. It bound them together. Elena was unconscious when the spell was made and so when she woke up, Bonnie died. Bonnie died. Elena is alive. We need to find her."
I sat down on the couch, shaking my head. "Oh my God. How?"
"I know its a lot to take in at once, but there's more. You're a vampire. Your step-parents knew and snuck blood into your system. Also, the ring you always wear helps you walk in the sunlight."
I looked down at my ring. I looked back up at Stefan. I surprised him by hugging him.
"We'll find her. I promise," I whispered. Stefan hugged me and nodded. We set up a plan to search everywhere in Mystic Falls. I chose to search Mystic Grill with Elijah.
"You okay," Elijah asked me as we walked into Mystic Grill.
"Sort of."  I searched each chair and spotted her easily. I pointed to her and Elijah took off. I ran after him. Elena spotted Elijah. Then, me. Tears formed in her eyes when she saw me. She stood and walked over to me. She hugged me and we both cried.
"I'm so sorry, Kali," Elena said.
I said nothing. I followed Elijah back outside to his car and Elena followed me. Stefan was outside and when he saw Elena, he ran to her and they kissed.
I got into Elijah's car and he got in with me. He looked over at me and frowned.
"I thought you'd be happy," He said. "I am, Elijah. Its a lot to take in. I'm a freaking vampire and my used to be dead mom just came back to life."
Elijah pulled me into a hug and I cried on his shoulder. He pulled back a little and looked into my eyes. He leaned in but someone knocked on his car door. We broke apart and he stepped out. I sighed and sat back in my chair.
Elijah got back in and started the car. We didn't speak and I didn't mind. Things were going to be so awkward.
"I'm sorry, Kali," Elijah finally said. I looked at him like he was crazy.
"Don't be. You didn't do anything," I told him.
He smiled at me and took my hand. I leaned on his shoulder until we got back to the boarding house. I climbed out abd waited to Stefan and Elena. Elijah talked to me and tried to calm me down. It didn't work.

"I would have been better off not knowing!" I screamed at Stefan.
"We needed you here," Was his responce.
"Why?" I was super angry.
"Because of me." Elijah stepped in and I looked at him, confused.
"I love you, Kali. Do you remember your ex-boyfriend? Miles? That was me. I fell in love with you."
I smiled. "I love you, too."
Elena placed her hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, Kali. You're turning eighteen in a week. You are free to leave then. I never mean't for you to hate me."
I turned and looked at her. "I don't hate you. I'm just angry. I'm..."
I choked on my tears. Elena pulled me into a hug and we cried together. Stefan watched.
"I'm sorry, Mom." It was the first time I called her that and it felt right. Mom smiled at me. I looked at Stefan.
"I'm sorry I yelled at you," I told him. He smiled and pulled me into a hug.
"I still want to move. I'll still be in Mystic Falls. Just, away."
Stefan kissed my forehead and I walked outside to see Elijah.
"Are you okay, Kali," He asked me.
"Never been better."
He pulled me to him and crashed his lips to mine. I kissed him back desperately and he chuckled. Elijah pulled back and I looked into his eyes.
"I'll see you tomorrow. Goodbye," Elijah said. 
I hugged him and watched him drive away. After stepping back into the house, I realized I was still in my pajamas. I checked the time on my phone. 1:32 PM. I decided to shower. I dressed in a hot-pink crop top, black skinny jeans, and my black boots. I shrugged on my black leather jacket and saw Damon sitting on the couch alone. I sat beside him and he smiled at me.
"I never dreamed of having a niece, but after meeting you, I realize its not as bad. If they're all like you."
I laughed. "Uh-huh. How ya doing?"
"Hanging in there. You?"
"Same. I could live life as a vampire. Its not half as bad."
Damon laughed. His phone beeped and he read something.
"Caroline wants you to meet her at Mystic Grill. May I join?"
"Sure," I said.
I let him drive us and we climbed into his blue Camaro. When we got there, it wasn't what we expected.