Chapter 1: Ella

Emma: How far are you from the city?
Me: I have no idea
Me: Let me ask my mom.
I turn my phone off and look up. My mom is in the driving seat, my older brother is in the front passenger's seat. My twin brother is on my left and my younger brother is on my right. I am in the middle seat. I shift a little from being uncomfortable and a little squashed from my twin brothers' muscles.
"Mom, how long until we are there?" I ask, placing my phone on the top of my left thigh.
"Almost there," my mother answers before taking a left turn. My phone slides from my thigh onto my younger brother's seat. He grabs my phone and places it on the top of both my thighs. The jeans I am wearing are blue and the pockets are not real, so it is useless putting my phone in my pocket.
"Keep your phone on your side," Danny says before turning to look outside his window.
"Sorry," I say but he seems to ignore my apology.
I unlock my phone and message Emma. I had one unread message.
Emma: sure
Me: mom says almost there. My legs are cramping
Me: I need to stretch my legs. Otherwise, it might just kill me.
Emma: girl, just breathe. I'll be waiting at the house your father would be staying at : )
Me: it's been forever since I've been there.
Emma: I know, what is it like 2 years?
Me: yeah, I think so

I press the lock button and turn to look at the road. The sun is setting and the view with the city looks beautiful.
My mom takes the offramp to exit the city. I totally forgot about part of the city by the ocean. The city is beautiful. The city is coming out of view and the roads get windy as the road is on the mountain. On Danny's side the sun is setting by the ocean. I squash Danny as I open the window on his side. The mountain is just by the ocean, and it looks like a picture painted. The salty breeze reaches my nose.
I close my eyes while talking in the scent of the ocean. It brings back memories- good and bad ones.
                                                                                        ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆
"Who is going to wake her up?" a whispering voice says.
"Not me," another voice whispers.
"One of us have to," the first voice whispers.
"Have you seen the monster she is when she is woken up," a third voice says. I slowly open my eyes to see everyone out of the car.
I stretch my arms and legs.
"Morning sleepy head," A voice like Danny says.
"Sleeping beauty has finally awaken," Lucas says as I turn my head to the right, I see my brothers standing outside the car.
"When did we arrive?" I question.
"Two hours ago, we unpacked the car and even set up the bedrooms," Dylan says before walking away.
"Is Emma here?" I question.
"She is inside, she helped mom clean the kitchen while you were snoozing," Lucas says, I make my way out of the car. My body feels stiff from being in a sitting position for so long. The movement of walking feels a little unfamiliar.
"Why didn't you wake me up?" I question as Danny closes the door and walks inside.
"Last time, I did, and I ended up in the ER," Lucas says as we walk to the front of what used to be our holiday house, but I guess it will be our main house now. I get very grumpy and angry when someone wakes me up, last time Lucas woke me up. I ended up hitting him with my pillow or what I thought was my pillow and we had to rush him to the Emergency Room. I had actually hit him with a lamp. When he was medicated did, he laugh about the incident but after the medication wore out, he has been scared to wake me up ever since.
"True," I say just before someone taps my shoulder.
Lucas and I turn around slowly. The person has to be as old as I am or maybe a year older. They are wearing ripped black jeans with a white button up shirt, just the shirt isn't buttoned up.
"Hi, I heard about what happened with your father," the person says, they hold out the flowers. I look at Lucas with a confused look, he takes the flowers, "my condolences."
"Thank you," Lucas says. I nod my head at the guy before realizing my phone is in the car.
The person turns around and walks away.
"My phone," I say, Lucas pulls out my phone from his jeans pocket, "Did I ever tell you how you are my favourite brother," I smile.
He scoffs, "your favourite brother is your twin brother."
"How many other people know about dad passing?" I question as we walk up the stairs and into the house.
"Probably the whole city, dad was pretty popular here," he answers as we walk in. The house has a black aesthetic, dad always liked the colour black.
"I mean, he did grow up here," I say walking towards the kitchen. I unlock my phone to see a few texts from some friends I made in this city.
I open my chat with Cam:
Cam: Heard you'll be in town
Me: Yep, I am staying until I think college slash university.

I close my chat with Cam and open my chat with Rafael.
Rafael: You can finally come to our school :)
Me: Yeah :))

I lock my phone placing it into my back pocket.
"Ella?" Emma runs and hugs me.
"Hey," I say, wrapping my arms around her slowly.
"How was the trip?" she asks before turning to look at Lucas who is behind me. I swear Emma has a crush on Lucas, but she won't admit to it.
"I fell asleep," I say, the past few days have been busy with packing and everything, I barely had time to sleep from stressing and everything.
"Flowers?" Emma says, "never thought you would be a flower guy."
"No, some child, gave us the flowers because they heard about dad passing," Lucas says before walking pass us and towards mom.
"School is tomorrow, will you be up for it?" Emma asks, I nod my head slowly up and down, still feeling tired from the past few days.
"Should be, I mean first day of grade ten for everyone else," I answer but Emma seems to have seen through my words. In this city, everyone knowns about everyone.
She pulls me into a hug, she whispers into my ear, "Don't worry, I'll be with you."
Her words are comforting but I can't help feeling nauseous from thinking of school. If someone already knows about my father dying, will the whole town give us sympathy looks. I don't want people to give me sympathetic looks like they understand what I am going through.