Chapter 35: Theo

Ella seems uncomfortable today. I could be paranoid after she asked for space, but I have the urge to ask if she is okay.

It's her birthday, sooner or later she is supposed to feel the mate bond snap. Ella approaches her chair in English.

"I know you asked for space but..." I start, I have her attention on me after two weeks. In my hand, I got her a teddy bear, roses, chocolates (her brother had informed me she loves chocolates and which specific type she likes) and for her birthday gift I got her an emerald ring, a diamond necklace and a rose gold ring set which I hope she loves. I also added a small squash racket, a golden retriever teddy bear and a bouquet of books. I fitted all the gifts in two different yet big, gift bags.

"Happy Birthday," I hand her the two gift bags. She looks at me with surprise.

She smiles, "Thank you."

She puts the three gifts she must have gotten from her friends down and hugs me. Her body is in contact with mine. I wrap my arms around her small frame. I absorb the feeling of being close to her. I have no idea when the next time she will let me be this close to her.

"You are an amazing friend," she whispers, my heart aches at being called a friend but feels happy she is in my presence, in my arms and her arms are around my waist.

It hurts being treated as a friend and having to give her space. What if she is fooling me and when will the mate bond kick in for her.

Do I have to kiss her again? I wouldn't mind- I can't, she asked for space. The past two weeks have been hell for me.