Chapter 36: Ella

After English finish, I have choice 3- which for me is business. I asked to go to the bathroom. I am on my way back to the bathroom.

My birthday has been good so far- my friends actually remembered my birthday. I am grateful they did.

A figure snaps me out of my thoughts.

"I have a birthday gift for you," A voice, I have been dreading to hear says behind me.

I cautiously turn around.

I am face to face with him. My ex. Ian.

"What are you-" I start speaking but he interrupts me, "Nah ah ha. Ask me the question on your mind."

"Why now... why here?" I question.

"I have to see how my darling ex is... especially after her father's passing," he smirks. The devil looks like a teddy bear compared to Ian right now.

I feel another set of eyes on me, those who don't belong to Ian.

"Is it necessary to taunt me now?" agitation crystal clear in my voice.

"You love when I taunt you," he mimics, wickedness in his voice, egregious facial expression.

"This is why we broke up..." I point out.

He changes to resentful, and he comes closer, I back away, "Don't be scared, your birthday gift is... your father didn't die in an accident. Cam, the friend of your bestie, helped get him killed," he derision, taunts, jibes me.

"You're lying," I manage to spit out.

"It's the truth," his thumb moves my chin to look directly in his eyes.

"Leave me alone," I feel disgusted letting him touch me, have my attention, provoke me.

"Don't you remember this, you used to love kissing me," he mocks.

"Leave me alone," I try getting away from his grip.

"No," he sneers.

"Let me go," I whimper.

"You are begging me?" he ridicules me.

"Let me go, please," I whine.

"No, I don't-" Ian starts but is cut off by a growl.

"She said, let her go," A loud, echoing voice stops Ian. He turns to look at the voice.

I see Nathan seething with rage, filled with fury. I have never seen Nathan, this filled with emotions, he is calm, and barley speaks.

He looks like he is going to go feral on Ian.

"We are just playing," Ian lies, he lies so easily like he did to me.

"I don't care, let her go,' Nathan snarls.

"Fine!" he walks away, glaring at Nathan.

"Are you okay?" Nathan comes closer.

"Yes, I just want to go home. Can you cover for me?" I question.

He nods his head.

"Thank you for helping me," I express gratitude, I don't want to know what would have happened if Nathan didn't show up.