Chapter 30: Ella

I exit my bathroom after taking a hot bath. I feel more relaxed, calm, insouciant. I put my towel to hang on my bathroom door. I see a letter placed on my bed. I pick up the letter and read it:

I take the letter in my hand and make my way downstairs

I take the letter in my hand and make my way downstairs. The house is surprisingly quiet. It's strange. I don't think it has ever been this quiet before. 

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

Once, I am downstairs, my family is silent, looking at me. Something doesn't seem right. I found them in the dining room.

"We have a surprise for you," my mother says, handing me a box filled with what looks like dog treats and toys.

Lucas comes to me holding a bag. The bag has written on it 'dog food'.

Danny takes the box from me.

Dylan walks into the room with golden fur moving in his hand.

"We knew you have been having a hard time without dad, especially since you were a daddy's little girl," mom says, I look at her in shock. I move my head to look at Dyaln with confusion.

Dyaln hands me the golden fur in his hands. It is a golden retriever. My hands are smaller than Dylan's and the puppy seems bigger in my hands. Emma stands behind Dyaln, watching me admire the fur baby in my hand.

"We hope the dog, you asked father for will help you," my mother breaks the silence, moving my attention from the puppy in my hand to her. I look back at my hands and the puppy.

"Thank you so much," tears start to form in my eyes out of happiness, sadness, grief and gratitude.

"You are welcome," my mother hugs me, "Do you have a name for your puppy?"

"What is the gender of the puppy?" I ask. I think Leo would be a good name for him, but I want to know the gender in case the name doesn't suit them.

The puppy starts to climb me, they rest their head on my chest and his front paws on my shoulders. I carry them like a baby.

"He is a boy," mother in forms me.

"Can I name him Leo... like the star sign?" I question. I look up at my mom and she nods her head.

"I think Lei suits you," I whisper to him, and his tails starts wagging. He is so adorable. I double check, Leo is secured in my hands. I don't want him to fall.

I think I fell in love with him, his cuteness, and his adorable smile. The way he wags his tail and eyes light up- he is perfect.

"I promise you Leo, I will take good care of you no matter what," I whisper to him, he licks my right cheek. He licks my tears away. He is sweet and endearing.