Chapter 31: Theo

The weekend went by fast.

I can't wait to see how Ella is doing. I wonder if she can feel the mate bond. I now know why I felt the way I did around her. It was my instincts knowing she is my mate, but my brain hadn't known.

I get off my bike. Chase and Nathan beat me to school today. I remove my helmet.

"Ella," someone screams, getting my attention.

Emma calls for Ella and they walk into the school with smiles on their faces, first time, I have seen people happy to be at school.

They whisper to one another.

"Creep!" Chase clicks his fingers in front of my eyes, he moves my attention away from Ella and towards him.

"Really?" I question with an unpleased expression on my face, "She is my mate! I am allowed to admire!"

"After the way you treated her, do you think she will forgive you and you guys will live happily ever after? This isn't the movies, books, or comic, it is really life. You might feel the mate bond, but it doesn't mean she will right now. You have to make it up to her, you were rude, selfish and a jerk..." Chase snaps me out of the dreamy world and back into the real world.

"I mean I love bully romance, but you were nowhere near the level of that," Nathan pitches in.

"What am I supposed to do?" I question, "I will do anything for her. I mistreated her. I will even be her friend for now."

"Grovel bro," Nathan pats me on the shoulder and walks away, going towards the entrance of school.

"I agree with him, "Chase leaves me and walks to Nathan.

How am I supposed to grovel?

Must I get on my knees?

Do I need to beg for forgiveness?

I need to go to the library and research ways to grovel.