I - beginning

I felt a shiver run down my spine as I sat in the dimly lit classroom with my friends. We were gathered around desk where we had scribbled a ouija board, holding hands in a circle. The curtains were drawn, and the only sound was the hushed whispering of my friends. I could feel my heart pounding in mt chest as we begun to call out to the spirits. As we started the session, I could feel the planchette under my fingertips. It was smooth and cool to the touch.

This was our first time doing something like this, and we were feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness. We've heard stories about ouija boards, and we were not sure if we believed them or not.

We were all bored out of our minds, and we needed something to distract us from the terrible weather outside. That's when our friend, Emily, suggested that we play with a ouija board. Naturally, we were hesitant at first. We'd heard all the stories about how dangerous the boards could be, and we didn't want to accidentally summon any demons or anything.

Jake and Max wanted to try it for fun. On the other hand, Ava was too scared and just wanted to leave. Emily always believed in the paranormal, so she was guiding us over what we should be doing. Me and Ethan were very sceptical about it. I always thought it was better not to mess with that stuff. But curiousity got the better of me, as well as the rest of us, and we just wanted to see if we could make contact with the other side.

So we decided we would skip a period and sneak in a quiet classroom. We would draw a ouija board on a desk. And so we did.

We started chanting "Spirit show yourself, spirit come to us!" whispering, afraid that someone would hear us and struggling to keep in our chuckles.

Even though I didn't really knew if it was real or not, I could help feeling a little scared.

We went quiet, made the planchette circle the board three times and then Emily asked "Is there a presence in the room?"

The planchette begun to move, and I felt Ava's hands trembling against mine. I watched as it moved towards “yes” and I could feel the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

We left an uncomfortable laugh and started to ask eachother; "Who is moving it?"

I could feel a cold breeze blowing through the room. I think we were all stressed out but tried to hide it. Or maybe it was just me. But then I heard my friends laughing, and I relaxed a little.

We said goodbye almost as fast as we started the session, doing everything in a rush, hoping no one would walk in to us.

I was still not sure if I believed in spirits or not, but I was having too much fun with my friends.

We decided to do it again. And again.

I watched as Emily asked questions, and could feel the planchette start to move. It was slow at first, but then it picked up speed, moving across the board with ease.

Usually Emily wanted to speak, to take the role of the "medium", but most of the time I was more successful at getting an answer and so I took her place. It was much easier this way.

...

As I walked down the hallway towards my classroom, my heart was pounding fast in my chest. I didn't want to write this test. I knew I would forget everything I had studied and fail. I was so lost in my thoughts that I almost didn't notice my friends standing by their lockers.

But then I heard Ava's voice, and I looked up to see her grinning at me. "Hey! You ready for the test?"

I shrugged, trying to hide my nerves. "I guess so. I studied as much as I could. But I don't know if it's enough."