Chapter Twenty One

☼☼☼

Well I could give you words, tell you where my head's been

Hit you where it hurts, say it with my chest and time it keeps on running out

I don't wish you the worst of all of my intentions

Just don't think you're worth a moment of attention

☼☼☼

Jaime's P.O.V.

June 28th 1997

I felt a tingle in my toes and pleasure moving through my body like waves rushing the shore. I couldn't see anything, only enhancing my pleasure. Hands. Running up my body. Morning, Sunshine. Lips. Sucking on my neck. Wake up, baby.

Kill me now. As the ending of yet another Harry-related dream comes to an end, I stretch out my legs and try to find the bravery to open my eyes.

"Mornin'"

"AH WHAT THE FUCK?" I throw my sheets off my body and jump back toward my headboard. I look over to see Harry leaning on my dresser chewing a mouthful of cereal. Is that my bowl?

"Jesus Christ, Harry. You scared the shit out of me." I press my hand to my chest trying to get my heartbeat to slow down. He's clearly been up a while because he's in a different clothes, his hair is wet and pulled back, and he's eating. God, his hair back does crazy things to me. I have half a mind to ask him to hop in and finish what he started in my dream.

Taking one last bite, he places the bowl on my dresser and dusts off his hands.

"Good morning to you too, Sunshine."

Oh please don't call me that right now.

"Um. Hi. What are you doing here? And what time is it?" I turn to the digital clock on my nightstand. My eyes jump out of their sockets at seeing the red numbers flash 10:36.

"Well you see, I stayed here last night." Okay yes, I remember that part. My face flushes at the memory of curling my body around Harry's and the way he would shift to hold me. "And I woke up around 8, and you were still sleeping. So I ran home because I still had my stuff sitting in the car. Showered, changed, and then came back here. You were still sleeping, and I didn't want to wake you, so I've just been chilling here until you woke up."

I cross my legs and arms, feeling way too exposed right now. "So you've been watching me sleep?"

"Essentially, yeah. Though that sounds a bit creepy, doesn't it? I didn't want you to think I bailed. And I kinda helped myself to food because I didn't know when you were going to wake up. This stuff has a lot of sugar in it. I'm not even sure it has a flavor, just sugar. No wonder my mother didn't let me eat this. This is my second bowl. Which I am now realizing is quite rude. I'll buy you a new box."

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I try to take in his rambling. "Got it. And it's Jess you owe a box of cereal. It's hers. " My heart was racing really fast, and I just wanted to be alone. Which is why, with no warning I blurted out, "You should go."

He stops mid bite before placing the cereal bowl down on my dresser. "Oh. I mean, yeah. I can go. Are you okay though? You seemed like you were starting to have a bad dream. You were squirming a bit"

Fuck. Off.

"Just go, Harry. I need you to leave." I keep my gaze on my lap and pull my hair through my hands.