Preface

Reality is nothing but an abstract concept. Ask an ant for example- except you can't. Without any doubt, an ant's perception of the traditional reality would be totally different from one of ours.

When it was discovered that animals might dream too, the appeal of reality settled on a shared universal front. We all dream. The unbroken slumber every night takes those who entertain with the concerned philosophy into an adventure unfathomed yet desired. Dreams are the most real thing common in all our lives.

I am addicted to the practice of dreaming every night for a purpose. I'm not quite sure what the endgame means for every dream I experience as I wake every morning pondering. But I'm high on them.

Have you ever listened to Psychedelic songs? My poetries more or less, exert the same formula as I produce them on the page, except that my source of psychedelia is not a mere drug in needles or cans. It's called "hypnagogia"- the transitional phase between the waking and the dreaming state where our visual faculties are dwindling about as we see patterns of unrecognized nature and experience the closest to what our subconscious is offering. I write my poems right there and then.

The enlisted poems in the book are reflective of a journey I've undertaken from my understanding of the universe to lack thereof. The development is almost spiritual. The very first poem you'll read is called Hypnagogia- to start you off on the ultimate theme I've chosen for my first ever amateur work.

Thank you and regards-

Ithmam Hami

[N.B: I'm not a native English speaker. Although in poetry discourses, grammatical boundaries are rather obsolete, I thought I'd let you know that while some of my poems have heavy wordings embedded, most are simplistic enough]