4. Enter: The Dry Spell (Part Two)

"What can I comment on?" Rachel asked, and James began bouncing on the balls of his feet.

I had always hated when he started doing that. He looked like a puppy that was sitting in the window of your home, watching as you arrived back home. Waiting for you to come inside to say hello.

Though, for James, it always meant he was going to say something to embarrass me.

"Oh, oh, oh! Comment on his sex-life! Comment on his sex-life!"

"James, that isn't—" I started, but Rachel cut me off, making me pout.

"What? Why? Do you have a weird fetish?"

Amber let out a sharp laugh at Rachel's words and I shook my head again.

"What? No!" I punched James in the shoulder, though I doubt he felt it as he continued to bounce on the balls of his feet.

For good measure, I punched him again.

"He's in a dry spell!" James sung, finally standing still, brushing off the pain I hoped he was feeling.

"Oh!" Rachel exclaimed with a surprised look, and Amber joined in.

"Well, well. This is new information."

"It's not that it's a dry spell. It's just that I haven't been looking," I explained, nodding along with my own words, trying to believe them.

I was soon reminded, however, that we were in a crowded courtyard and a random passer-by interjected into our conversation before moseying on by us.

"That still sounds like a dry spell, dude."

"I don't even know you!" I called after him, and I heard him let out a bark-like laugh.

"It's fine. You just need to get back out there," James said, drawing my attention back to him. "There's plenty of choices here. I'll be your wingman!"

"James, you're a terrible wingman," I remined him, but he ignored me.

"Now, if I remember correctly, your type is someone anyone who is willing."

"That... doesn't seem right," I said, knotting my eyebrows.

"I'm pretty sure you have no standards. Unless something has changed within a year."

"Whoa, hey. It hasn't been a year!" I stated, trying to think back to the last time I had been with someone.

I knew that it had been after school.

"It's been so long he can't even remember," Amber muttered, causing James and Rachel to snickered.

"I remember it perfectly," James said proudly, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. "It's almost like it was yesterday, though, it was a year ago."

James began walking, steering me away from Amber and Rachel, who I saw shrug before starting to follow us. I felt James grip my shoulder as he maneuverer me around other students, leading me around the courtyard, in a wide circle around the large tree in the centre.

"I remember because you came to my house after and gave me an extremely detailed run-down of what had happened," James continued, and I was still trying to figure out when he was talking about.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I said truthfully with a shrug. "I've only told you, in-depth, about one sexual encounter, and that was just some weird nipple play in the eleventh-grade."

James stayed quiet after I had spoken, and I was wondering why until it dawned me.

"Oh, my God. That's the last time I've done anything with another human. That was two years ago!"