6

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

I look down the table with worry at Draco. He's chosen to sit away from us today as we eat our breakfast before the Quidditch match of Gryffindor vs Slytherin. All morning Theo, Blaise, Enzo, and Mattheo haven't stopped talking about how they will take down Gryffindor this time.

"You okay, Tina?"

I look away from Draco and face Theo, giving him a smile. "Yeah, sorry I was just thinking." Thinking about how much my dear cousin is suffering and yet we both can't tell anyone else why.

"Did you girls bet on us?" Blaise asks as he takes another bite of his toast.

"I have five Galleons on Slytherin. So, you boys better win," Pansy said and points her fork at the boys.

I shake my head and look at Blaise. "I don't exactly bet, but I do hope you guys win, especially because I bought a new Slytherin scarf in support."

Enzo lifts up his bag and pulls out what seems to be a green sweater. "Here, I grabbed this for you," he hands me the sweater and I hold it up. On the back, it says, 'Berkshire 12'.

I smile at him and slip it over my black turtleneck, and stand up, giving them a spin in it as the boys whistle and cheer.

"Thank you, Enz. I love it," I said happily.

He smiles at me and fixes the sleeves. "It's okay. We all got one fourth year but it's too small for me now. Glad to see it fits you better than me."

A few Gryffindors stand up and start to walk out of the Great Hall which catches our attention.

"We have to go, the game will start soon," Theo said while quickly gulping down some juice.

I stand up with the boys and Pansy. "I hope you kick Gryffindor's ass boys."

They all give me a nod and start to walk away but Mattheo hangs back and then grabs my hand and I look up at him in surprise.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly as Pansy starts chatting with another Slytherin girl.

"You don't talk to me for weeks and then—"

"I know," he cuts me off and looks around nervously before opening his bag and pulling out a green sweater like the one Enzo gave me. "One day I'll be able to explain everything to you but for now I can't. Please have this," he hands me the sweater and I take it. "I'm sorry again."

I look up at him and see the regret in his eyes as he turns around and catches up with the boys who are all waiting for him down the hall. Pansy links her arm with mine and I look down to the sweater that says, 'Riddle 01'.

"He cares for you," Pansy said with a smile, and I look up at her with narrowed brows. "I know he doesn't show it, but he really does."

I stay quiet as we continue to walk to the Quidditch field. The cold winter air makes me shiver as we try to find a seat at the front to get the best view. I look around and notice how many people have come to support Slytherin, even a few Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff watch from our stand.