22

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

I have spent the last few months walking my fucking ass off through green fields, farms where we hide in barns, abandoned and destroyed camp parks and finally, we have decided to set up camp in some valley near a lake. But this whole trip I haven't stopped listening to Ron's godforsaken radio that has been driving me absolutely insane for two days straight now. Every time a name sounds from that static box, it makes my anger boil to the brim and every time I ask him to turn it off he just sulks.

"James Lee..." the radio announces as we sit outside the tent.

"Turn. That. Off." I grit out at Ron as I clench my hands into fists. "Or I swear to Merlin I will smash that into little fucking pieces."

"I'm not turning it off," Ron snaps at me, his eyes glaring into my own.

I stand up and charge at him but Monie and Harry, both hold me back. "It's the Horcrux!" Monie yells but I pay her no mind.

"Turn off that radio!" I bellow as Ron steps back. "It's driving me insane!"

Harry pushes my hair away as I feel the necklace getting pulled off me and then the ringing in my ears silences and I freeze in Harry and Monie's arms, shocked with myself as my anger dies down.

"It was the Horcrux," Monie breathes as Harry lets go of me. "She didn't mean to get angry," Monie assures Ron as I drop my head in exhaustion.

"I'm sorry, Ron," I tell him as he gives me a nod of understanding. "I need sleep," I mumble and Monie helps me into the tent as my eyes get heavier and the second I fall on my small bed, my eyes shut and darkness greets me.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

"Oh, my god," Monies voice wakes me from my much-needed slumber and I open my eyes to see it now nightfall.

I roll over in my bed to see Ron with his back to us in his bed and Monie running over to the table with Harry, searching through books and papers. Slowly, I stand up and walk over to them as Harry gives me a small smile.

"The sword of Gryffindor—It's goblin-made," Monie exclaims.

"Brilliant," Harry muses and I tilt my head at him, knowing that he has no clue of what Monie means.

"No, you don't understand," Monie looks up at us as I sit down across from her with Harry. "Dirt and rust have no effect on the blade," she shoves a book toward us, pointing at the text. "It only takes in that which makes it stronger."

"Huh?" I mumble, still confused and lost on what she means.

"Harry, you've already destroyed one Horcrux, right?" She asks him as he picks up the book. "Tom Riddle's Diary in the Chamber of Secrets."

Riddle. God I nearly forgot about Mattheo. I wonder if he and the boys are still alive—healthy and alive. I'll never forget how Theo and Blaise saved my life even after everything that had happened. I hate how much I miss them all. I hate how we aren't all together right now. I wonder how life would be for us all if this war wasn't happening.