12

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

I look around the Great Hall as I eat my food with Monie, Ron, and Harry at the Gryffindor table for the first time since I've gone back to my classes. Since I sat her ten minutes ago, the whispers have been about me and I've gotten more than enough glares from Slytherins but at this point, I couldn't care. Not when my once family decided that I wasn't to be a part of their group anymore. Enzo and Blaise have tried to talk to me during classes, but I have no words for them unless they want to get snapped at.

"Stop it, Ron," Hermione's voice trails into my ears. "You're making it snow." I look up to see that she's right. Little snowflakes are falling onto the page of my book.

"Tell me how I broke up with Lavender again," Ron asks her, and I snicker while closing my book and sharing an amused look with Harry.

"Um, well, s-she came to visit you in the hospital," Monie stammers. "And you talked. I don't believe it was a particularly long conversation."

In the time that I've known these two, it's been obvious they both feel something for each other. Perhaps I should play matchmaker?

"Don't get me wrong," Ron leans over the table, closer to Harry and me. "I'm bloody thrilled to be shot of her. It's just she seems a bit put out."

We all turn to look behind me and Harry to see Lavender staring at Ron or maybe Monie, with a death grip on her spoon. Thank Merlin Ron and her broke up.

"Yes, she does, doesn't she?" Monie asks sarcastically and I turn back to them. "You say you don't remember anything from that night? Anything at all?"

"There is something," Ron ponders, and I look at Harry with a small smile before looking back at Monie. "But it can't be. I was completely boggled, wasn't I?"

"Bloody hell, Weasley," I mumble under my breath.

"Right." Monie breathes and looks back down at the paper. "Boggled."

The four of us fall into an awkward silence and I click my tongue. "Well, this is awkward."

Harry kicks my leg under the table, and I snap my head to him, shooting daggers.

"Harry," Monie whispers and we both look back at her. "That's Katie. Katie Bell."

I look down the table to see her walking away from us and then Harry gets up, walking toward her.

"Who thinks this could end badly?" I question and face back to them.

Ron nods his head agreeing and Monie sighs. "I don't think we will ever get a break from this."

"I think I've aged about twenty years—"

"Riddle is staring at you," Ron cuts me off.

I look over my shoulder to see Mattheo and Enzo both looking at me but for once I don't feel any emotion toward them. Not one ounce of happiness like I used to when I saw them. I never thought there would come a time that I wasn't sitting with them. Or that I wasn't happy to see them.