The Confession

A couple minutes later...

FLORIAN POV

The wind was quietly howling as we stride through the everlasting snow that surrounded our ''official'' base - the cleaning process is close to completion, as it seems. The gray, metal roofs were shining through the black oil mass and reflectors, that was previously covered by a mass of tangled drone bodies, were emitting their white lights through the evening sky. I'm not worried about this though - I have much, much, MUCH more important thing, 'cause I...

I think I'm about to confess...

J was behind me, cautiously strolling behind me with that beautiful face of hers, now planted with worry. I wonder why she's so nervous... Well, I told her that I must have a „talk" with her, so I guess that's natural. I hope she won't her a wrong idea... Or accuse me of unprofessionalism... Or, or-

I should finally stop making excuses... No more excuses ! Time to work !

---

J POV

I silently followed Florian as we walked through the white, snowy, hills. I-I don't know what's going on ! Why does he want to talk with me ? I know we are, kinda, close, but...

Did I do something wrong ?

I don't know ! That's the problem ! I was doing my designed job flawlessly and, sometimes, even zealously, yet still...

My mind starts to wander... But hey, if it's something small, then I think it's my chance ! I've been fighting with my emotions for so long... I've literally hurt him more than once... I wonder if I'm even worthy, but I CAN AT LEAST TRY.

Florian... Mr Florian... Please take care of this hopeless drone of myself...

---

FLORIAN POV

I stood before my destination - a short observation deck, overseeing the neighborhood. It was a pretty old construction, older than my presence on this planet. It was in decent condition, so I've never felt the need to deconstruct it. I had better things to do, anyway...

FDL : Come on.

I took J's hand into my own and led her on the deck. After I touched her metallic fingers, she shivered a little and on her „cheeks" I could see a faint yellow blush. Hm...

After reaching the last wooden plank, we just stood here, silently watching everything but ourselves, too shy to meet our gazes...

Well, I guess that's my moment...

Time to confess...

---

J POV

I-I-I-I...

[WARNING: HEAT LEVELS DANGEROUSLY HIGH. SEEK COOLMENT IMMEDIATELY]

I started fidgeting. The view was beautiful, but, for now, I don't really care. HE is my point of interest right now, and it makes me nervous. I-I-I...

Say something, you jerk ! Don't keep me waiting...

---

FLORIAN POV

FDL : J ?

I locked my sight on her yellow eyes that reflected the starry night. Everything slowly turned dark as the night time began...