The in-brand forgetfulness

Day before the mission...

FLORIAN POV

I walked through the corridor with a little suitcase in my hand. I hope that this thing will work, though I wish they wouldn't have to use this. Well, I have the money, and it's better safe than sorry. Still, it makes me shiver. I know why those things exist in the first place.

I stopped by the door. A bright light was cracking through the gap at the bottom and sides. A faint music could be heard behind the entrance. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

I was momentarily blinded, but, as I regained my sight, I was met with rather pleasant company.

Gentle music filled the air and all my friends were talking and laughing with each other. It was a calming sight – a last get-together between companions before a dangerous mission.

Razumihin spotted me. Time to join the fun !

RZM : Boss !

He trotted to me, full of glee. I know he's the most cheerful of the bunch, but it's still nice to see him happy.

He stopped right before my face, avoiding a rather painful impact.

FDL : Razzie. It seems that everybody's here already ?

He grinned.

RZM : Of course, sir !

FDL : Splendid, now... Time for business...

RZM : Hm ?

I clapped my hands to gather the attention of all the drones (and one human) in the room.

FDL : Can I have your attention, please ?

I put the suitcase on one of the tables. It seems that everyone was SO occupied by their own shenanigans that they didn't even notice my entrance. Even J, though she was constantly teased by V as far as I'm concerned. Casimir was telling Uzi and N some kind of story, seeing their reactions. Rodia and Deuss were talking with each other, though on the borderline of flirting. I hope I'll never get sappy like that.

FDL : I have something for you. Please, gather around.

After some murmuring and greetings, they stood in the semi-circle before me, with J looking both embarrassed at not noticing me AND relieved that she doesn't have to stand the V's teasing.

I opened the suitcase, revealing multiple little vials with clear liquid inside them.

Razzie and Rodia's eyes-on-screens immediately went big, as well as Casimir's, without the screen part. The responses from the rest were pretty... mixed, with most of them not really knowing what they are looking at.

J : Em... Dear, what is this ?

N walked to the case and leaned in to look more closely. He looked at me, unsure what to say.

N : Are we now going to do that "crack" that I've seen on TV ? I mean – I love doing anything ! - But the side effects...

FDL : NO ! Really, N, why would you...

RZM and RKN : PLEASE DON'T SELL US !

Both of them run up to me, with Rodia being more shocked and Razzie looking like a kicked puppy. The others in the room were... shocked, at least.

RKN : Were my services not up to your satisfaction ? I can... I can be better !

RZM : Please, please, please, I don't want to end up-