8.

It was my last day in London before I would head home so Maya and I decided to visit my parents who also lived in London. It was my hometown so it felt very nostalgic walking through the streets that I had spent so much of my childhood in.

My parents greeted Maya and I with big hugs. It had almost been 1 year since I last saw them when I moved to Ljubljana. I missed having them by my side to support me but I knew I had to get away from London.

"So Maya, how is it going with that Austin guy" My mother, Chanel, wiggled her eyebrows.

"I would almost say it is going perfect but that's a big word to use. We truly love each other so much" Maya had the biggest smile on her face when she was talking about her boyfriend.

I wanted to experience that when I was talking about a significant other and just couldn't stop smiling thinking about that person.

"And what about you Val, how is the love life going?" My mom turned her attention to me. "Non existing" I answered pretty quickly.

"She is lying" Maya said with a smug face. "I have seen the way you look at your phone when you are texting Jan"

"Who is Jan?" My mom put both of her elbows on the table with her head resting on her hands.

"No one. He is just a guy who is taking care of Igor when I'm here in London and the reason why I smile is because he sends photos of Igor in different fruit costumes" I said already smiling about the photos I had received.

I honestly think Jan had become obsessed with Igor. Everyday there was a new photo of Igor on his instagram however Igor didn't look like he minded it one bit. Jan was truly stealing my cat.

"See right there! Look at her when she thinks of Jan" Maya pointed it out. I started rolling my eyes at how stupid she sounded.

"Clearly if he can take care of that little son of a bitch of a cat you have, then he can clearly take care of you when you get married" My mother sipped her wine glass while looking down at the scar Igor had given her. Let's just say there was a reason why it took me by a surprise when Jan actually got along with Igor.

"MOM!" I gasped. "How can you already be talking about marriage"

"You are in your twenties, that's what you are supposed to do" She defended herself.

"I'm 24 years old and you already want me to get married?" I raised my eyebrows.

"No but I do want you to start actually looking for someone because when you hit 30 everything just goes downhill" She said. My father walked into the room. "You are still as sexy as you were when I first met you" My father, Charles, said and gave my mother a kiss.

"EWWWW" Maya and I said in choir.

I may act like I was disgusted by my parents' love for each other but in reality I envied it. They had been together since they were 18 years old and not a day had gone by where they didn't say "I love you" to each other.

𓆩❤︎𓆪

The 4 hour travel day ended up becoming a 24 hour travel day due to all the flights being cancelled and then delayed. So to say I was exhausted when Maya dropped me off in front of Jan's house was an understatement.

I knocked on his door a few times before he opened the door. I didn't even greet him, I just walked straight into his living room where I saw Igor laying on the couch. I went head first into the couch as Igor immediately came to cuddle up beside me.