12.

"Maya you are gonna do amazing" I tried to hype Maya up before her concert would start. She was used to performing but this was different since it was so small and more intense than those sold out shows with thousands of people.

"We have done this a thousand times " Nick, who is part of her live band, told her. "Don't you remember all those shows we did five years ago when only 10 people showed up at our shows?" Nick took her into her arms.

"Yeah I guess so" Maya shrugged, still not being convinced.

"Don't you remember how much more alive we felt when it was a small crowd since you can actually connect with every single person in the room?" Nick was going all in and I could tell the look on Maya's face was changing into a much more positive one.

"Alright you are right, I just need to warm up my vocals" Maya said before leaving the dressing room.

I was left there with the guys from her band Nick, Will and Benjamin. I had met them loads of times and they were really nice but I never got close to them since I was afraid. That had to change tonight since I was starting to improve myself and opening myself up to new friendships.

"So I don't know if you know them but there is this Slovenian band-" I started but Benjamin cut me off. "Joker Out, yeah we have heard of them" They all nodded.

"Well they asked me if we wanted to join them for a drink after the concert?" I asked and crossed my fingers in hope that they would say yes so I wouldn't have to feel like I was intruding Bojan's space.

"There is no way you actually just asked us out for plans" Will laughed. He had tried multiple times to ask me out but I always refused. "Yes Will I am and this will be the only offer I will ever give you so you better take it" I smiled.

"I can't say no to a night with the most beautiful girl and a truly awesome band" He winked at me. I felt my cheeks heating up from his words.

I had been so used to in the model world to never be called beautiful but been called ugly or fat that it came to me as a surprise which caused me to blush instantly. The model world was really fucking my self-esteem up but the worst part was that I wasn't even popular yet.

"Look at you blushing!" Nick pointed it out as I looked the other way. "I was not" I laughed knowing that I couldn't even hide it.

Maya entered the room again as she was warming up her voice with a straw. She pulled me aside so the other guys wouldn't be able to hear. "I'm proud of you honey" She smiled.

"Why the fuck would you be proud of me" I looked away. It had been awhile since I had been told that and had convinced myself that no one would ever be proud of me.

"You are opening yourself up to people and I know how much you have struggled with it in the past. It takes a lot and you are going great" Maya pulled me in for a hug.

I honestly did feel a lot better now than what I felt like a few weeks ago when Maya was my only friend. It opened my eyes to see people a whole different way when I wasn't thinking about all the negative things that could go wrong and instead just focusing on the present.

I had the brightest smile on my face knowing that Maya actually saw how much I was trying to change when she knows how I had been against it ever since Miles.

"You are on in 5 minutes!" A venue manager yelled into the dressing room.

They all got ready and lined up on the side of the stage. Just as they were about to go on stage I ran beside them making them all give me high fives. Will as the last person to give a high five grabbed my hand in the end. "I really like this new version of you. I feel like I get to know the real you" He told me as he was holding my hand.