Chapter 4 Heat

Chapter 4  

Heat

I woke up in the hospital because it was considered a head trauma and they needed to make sure i wasn't going to die or something. The beeping of the machine was giving me a headache i groaned loudly. *Mia* I heard someone whisper. Well i thought it was a whisper

"Yes" i say hoarsely trying to open my eyes. The bright lights hurt my eyes so i immediately shut them again. "Who is it?" I ask.

"Amaru." My eyes fly open. Forget the lights i need to see him. The encounters from earlier flood my mind or maybe I'm crazy... Did that really happen? Was that even today??. His face is filled with concern and his eyes have deep dark circles. Has he been crying? Those beautiful eyes filled with remorse make me want to cry.

"Whats going on?" I say trying to break the awkward silence that has settled.

"Are you okay?" He says ignoring my question.

"Yeah, I'm fine!" I say cheerfully sitting up too fast. I get lightheaded and he grabs my hand. The fire is so strong i jump back. He looks hurt.

"Sorry" i mumble "What day is it?"

"Thursday" he says solemnly

"Thursday.... THURSDAY?!?!! No today is Tuesday!" I yell.

"Mia calm down, you were out for 2 days... " he almost whispers.

*2 days! OMG! 2 freaking days. Everyones probably freaking out! Now I've got exams and homework to get.....*

"No all your homework is in the corner and your exams have been postponed" he says non chalantly.

"Oh okay good." I say feeling relief.

"Yeah..."

"OMG YOU JUST RE-" his hand flies over my mouth quieting me.

"Shhh well talko later. Get some sleep" he says trying to lay me down.

I slap his hands away "No we wont we will talk now what in the WORLD is going on?! Did you just read my mind?!!" I whisper angrily.

He smirks. "What did you just ask me?"

" i said did you just read my mind."

He laughs "Uhm no you were just mumbling about your exams and homework smart one."

I blink several times and then fall back on the bed. *good god I'm going crazy*

He's still smirking and all i can do is glare. "How long have you been here?" I say taking in his appearance.

His face falls "Since tuesday... I was worried about you."

"Why?"

"I don't know i- i just kinda felt responsible and i wanted to he here when you woke up." He says staring at the floor.

I lift his head and smile. "Thank you."

"Your Welcome" he says with yet ANOTHER breathtaking smile.

A young nurse walks in blouse half open with a plate of food. She bend over provocitavly showing off her boobs and i just want to punch her. She sets my food down and smiles sweetly.

"Can i get you anything sir?" She says touching his shoulder.

He looks up at her. "Yeah the doctor please I'm tryna get her outa here as soon as possible " he smiles at me.

I feel a sense of victory. She looks at me with a hint of disgust and i grab Amaru's hand. He looks at me confused , i just lean my head on his shoulder.