Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"How did you know?" she asks astonished

"Just a hunch." i mumble to myself

"Well anyways he came in with his son claiming that he was responsible for you now that your parents were gone and and that  he was a very close friend of the family. Aside from the scar he was a very gorgeous man. He had these deep set hazel eyes that would just draw you in.... but it was something" .." She trailed off

"What is it mom?" i ask

"Something about him and the way he looked at you that just made me extremely uncomfortable, no one else came to claim you. i don't know where the rest of your family is babe i wish i could tell you more. HE kept coming back though and he would just stare at you mumbling stuff to his self it was so weird. Eventually your father and i agreed to adopt you, i just couldn't leave you alone i felt like i had to protect you." She says crying

I wipe the tears from her face and pull her into a hug "No matter what you are my mother. I love you."

She looks up and smiles at me. "You were in the hospital for about 2 weeks in and out of consciousness and when you woke you really didn't know what was happening. i saw it as an opportunity to take you in give you a fresh new and better experience. I was so scared to tell you. im sorry ."

"Its fine mom I'm glad you did now. I wish dad was here too." i say sadly

"Me too baby girl. But hes always around . ... I have something for you."

She gets up and walks back to the drawer she got the newspaper from. I look down at it and see what was supposedly my house ablaze and a picture of a little girl on a stretcher.

*Wow...Now what*

She comes back and takes my hand placing a something wrapped in a thick cloth. I hesitantly open it and see a locket and a ring. I open the locket and there is a picture of me with a curly haired little boy and I'm guessing my mom and dad. My mom looks just like me dark brown eyes thick and dark curly hair, My dad is tall with dark locks and a smile that shows real love. I smile broadly.

"We found this in the pocket of your Pj's that night" she chuckles "And your father, My husband, wanted you to have this ring." She says slipping it on my finger

The weight of him being gone and wearing this brought tears to my eyes. We sit and hold each-other letting silent tears fall.

i look back at the curly headed boy in the picture. "Mom was this my brother?

She sighs heavily "Yes. He is..."

"Is?" i question

"You have a older brother. His name is David and he lives in LA....." She says not looking at me.

I start seeing red. "How could you not tell me i had a brother and how do you know where he lives?" i question staying calm.

She starts playing with her hand like she always does when she's nervous. "Mom."

"I know because i talk to him.... his adoptive parents are friends i met in college.... I didn't tell you because i was afraid if you saw him you would remember and have to go back to the hospital from shock or something. you know like all your memories flooding you at once causing some kind of aneurism.

I get up and walk away needed some space. I walk into the kitchen and get a cup of water and she places her hand on my shoulder.

"im sorry baby girl I really am."

"Do you have his number?' I ask

"yes." she says putting into my phone by memory placing it on the counter. "Your father and I used to argue about this all the time and well after he died it just got so difficult to talk about... we really wanted to do this together you know like as a big family sit down kind of thing."