|12|

ᴰᵃⁿᵍᵉʳ ᶻᵒⁿᵉ..

Bambi pulled out the locket which contained a photo of her and her mother when she graduated Top Gun, before tragedy struck. "I'll be safe momma, I promise."

"Dagger 1, up and ready at catapult one." Maverick announced.

"Dagger 5, up and ready." Bambi announced. 

"Dagger spares, standing by." Hangman and Moose announces.

"Dagger 4, up and ready."

"Dagger 3, up and ready."

"Dagger 2, up and ready."

"Bait, up and ready." Thumper called out

Maverick took off, Bambi's engine roared, she signaled the crew as she was ready for take off. Then she took off and went off quick, flew up. She looked straight ahead moment then turned to look at the sky. "Hey momma, the view is beautiful." Bambi muttered as tear slipped down her eye.

"Dagger 2 away." The woman called out as Cyclone, Warlock , Ghost and Scoob along with Hondo stared at the screen. "Dagger 3 away." ... "Dagger 4 away." "Dagger 5, the bait..."

Bambi looked straight ahead, her nerves were going through the roof at this moment but she knew they all got this. "Comanche, Dagger 1, standby check in?" Maverick called out. She listened closely, "Copy, Daggers descending below radar." Maverick responded as he began to descend his plane as Bambi and the others followed. She looked back both directions then she looked forward again.

"Daggers now below radar, switching to E2 picture." Ghost looked over at his friend who was also  worried. "Don't worry, They'll be fine, they got our spirits." Scoob explained. "I know, I am proud of them, especially my Bambi." Ghost said.

"Here we go, enemy territory up ahead out sixty seconds, Dagger 1." Maverick said. "The decision is yours." A woman the radio talked. "Copy." Maverick said as she took a moment, He then looked at Rooster and Bambi then ahead.  "Dagger attack." Maverick responded.

"Tomahawks airborne." "No turning back now." Warlock commented.

"Alright Thumper, it's your moment to shine." Maverick called out. "Copy, stay safe everyone." Thumper said as she headed off into different direction. Bambi took a shaky breath and then shook her head. "Daggers, assume final formation." Maverick called out as he pulled ahead while Bambi got behind him, then Bob and Phoenix pulled in behind her, then Rooster got behind them as Payback and Fanboy got behind Rooster. "Holy shit this happening." Bambi muttered. "Daggers set proceeding to target, two minutes and thirty seconds... three... two... one.. mark." Maverick called out.  "Two mark." "Three mark." "Four mark." "Five Mark." 

Hondo looked at his pocket watch as Ghost began to worry even more. "Stay safe..." Ghost mumbled.

"Going in." Maverick said. Both Bambi and Maverick looked up and saw them. "First SAM sight overhead." Bambi told everyone. "Looks like we are clear on radar, Mav and Bambi." Phoenix said to the both of them. "Let's not take it for granted." Maverick responded. "More SAMS."

"We got two minutes to target." Bob called out. "Copy, we're a few seconds behind, Rooster we gotta move." Payback called out to Rooster. When Bambi didn't hear Rooster respond, her heart dropped. "No... come on Roost.." She mumbled.

"30 seconds to tomahawk impact on enemy airstrip." Someone called out. "Dagger and commander, we are picking up two bandits." "Damn it." Bambi muttered.  "Where the hell they come from?" Cyclone asked. "They're heading away from us, they don't know we're here." Rooster thinks out loud. "Thumper, what's your status, we just got a pick up for two bandits." Bambi called out. "On way to their base, send me the coordinates so I can tail them." Thumper called out. "Be cautious. Thump." Bambi said as she began to send the coordinates. "Copy." Bambi responded. Thumper took a shaky breath, she knew she had to get away from enemy base so she formed her own plan, she headed away from the base and went towards the others.