|ᵉᵖⁱˡᵒᵍᵘᵉ|

ᵀᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᴮʳᵃᵈˢʰᵃʷˢ

6 years later.....

"Charlotte and Nick, please come downstairs, your father will be returning tonight." Maria yelled at her five and two year olds. "Yes Momma." They yelled back. She smiled as she looked down at her bump. "I wonder what you are little one." Maria said.

So much has happened over the last six years and to say good things had came to Maria's and Bradley's way. Year after the mission, Bradley and Maria found out they were expecting and a gave birth to their daughter, Charlotte. Maria wanted to name her children with Bradley after his parents, who meant the world to her but when they had their daughter, Charlotte felt fitting.

As for her father, he was thrilled to be a grandfather, he would've given anything for Lillian to live to see her first grand daughter. As for Pete, he was tickled.

Then a year after Charlotte came into the world, Bradley and Maria gotten married. 

As for Kara and Colton, Kara and Robert gotten married two years ago, they just recently welcome their daughter Marlee. Colton and Natasha gotten engaged shortly after welcome their son Mason last year.

After Charlotte turned three, Bradley and Maria welcome their son Nick, who is name after Bradley's father. 

Maria's mind have wondered a lot through out the years, from their wedding, to now expecting their third child together, she wonder what life would've been like if her mother had lived, if Iceman was here, If Bradley's parents gotten to grow old to see their son get married and welcoming their grandchildren, the what ifs that cannot be become a reality.

Maria sighed, then a smiled appeared on her face when she heard her husband's bronco pull into the driveway. "Come on Nick! Dad's home!" Charlotte shouted as she and Nick ran out the house after storming down the stairs. She chuckled as she set the drying towel down.

Maria would be lying if she said she didn't miss flying but she's been taking it easy after Nick was born, she's been teaching at Top Gun.

"Daddy!" Charlotte and Nick exclaimed as they ran to their father as he stepped out of his bronco. A huge smiled appeared on his face, He picked up the both of them. "Oh how I missed you two and your mom." He said as he pressed kisses on his cheeks. Then he froze when his wife stepped outside on the porch. "Dad, your daydreaming again." Charlotte said, Bradley chuckled. 

Maria smiled as Bradley was in front of her. "There's my beautiful wife." Bradley said. Maria smiled and pressed her lips to his. "Ewww!" Both Charlotte and Nick exclaimed causing Maria and Bradley pull apart, laugh at their children. "Go on you two, Uncle Pete and grandpa will be here soon." Maria said as Bradley put the two little ones down, "What about Auntie Kara and Uncle Colton, oh along with Bob and Tasha?" Charlotte asked. "They will be as well." Maria said, the two young bradshaws jumped in excitement and ran in the house.

Bradley chuckled, "How's youngest one." Bradley said as he then held her bump. "Growing nicely, still don't know what we're having, we're almost to the finish line." Maria said. "And I can't wait." Bradley said as he pressed his lips onto hers before they both headed inside the house.

.....

"Did you tell your parents what you did to grandpa?" Blain questioned Charlotte and Nick. Maria and Bradley looked at their children while Blain's Two other grandsons and granddaughter looked at the duo. "Hey, don't act like you didn't do a thing Billy!" Nick spatted. "What did you three do?" Maria questioned. while Maverick looked at his son. "We told a fib that made grandpa perez looked bad and Uncle Pete look good." Charlotte said. "What... Scoob told us to do it..." Charlotte said. Everyone chuckled. "So Scoob, you wanna explained why are you trying to convince my grandkids to make me look bad, I can do the same with your granddaughters?" Blain questioned. Everyone chuckled at the duo, "It's like our time at Top Gun all over again." Pete said.

Maria smiled at bit, as she got up. "I just need some air." Maria said as she headed outside. "Mommy's mind wanders." Charlotte said. "She misses someone very dear." Kara said. "Who would that be Auntie Kara?" Charlotte then asked. "Your Grandma Lilly." Bradley said which made Charlotte look up. "You mean the woman whose middle name I come after?" Charlotte questioned her dad. "That's right, your mamaw was taken too soon, your mom wasn't ready to let her go." Blain admitted sadly. "That's not fair." Nick said, sadly. "I know it isn't little man, life's just cruel that way." Colton admitted to youngest Bradshaw. "I'm going to check on Maria." Bradley said as he got up from the table. 

Maria looked at the stars, she smiled softly at the four that shined very brightly in the night sky. "You alright darling?" Bradley asked as he stood beside his wife. "I would be lying if I said I was." Maria admitted. "Our daughter told us your mind's been wondering all over the place." Bradley said, then he was caught off guard when Maria pulled him into a hug. "I miss my mom love." Maria said as her voice cracked, which broke Bradley.

"It's just I been thinking lately, what life would've been like if she lived, lived to see us to get married, Have Charlotte, Nick... this baby, so much... I been thinking about your parents, Iceman... but it's part of life, cruel shit you cannot undo." Maria explained. Bradley and Maria stood on the porch in silence.

......

Maria kissed the top of her son's head as she turned out his light, Maria and Bradley stepped out of their children's rooms at the same time. Maria smiled at her husband, "Thank you for hearing me out tonight." Maria said as they walked to their room.

"Of course, your my wife, I'll always listen to what's on your mind. If you ever need to talk about anything, you know you can talk to me about anything." Bradley told her. "Now, let's talk about baby names because this little one will be here before we know it." Maria said. Bradley smiled, "That's something that needs to be done, because the newest addition of the Bradshaws will be here before we know it."

.......

Author's Note

 A bittersweet ending, I can't believe Bambi is over, I enjoyed writing this, I hope you all have  enjoyed Bambi and thank you for supporting and loving, it means the world.