Chapter 9.1

FLY HIGH, FLY LOW
By GinoongONEGANI

CHAPTER 9.1

THE EXCHANGE between him and Grandma is still fresh in Jay's mind as though it happens just now, not last night. He knows what he's said to her, and has no intention to take it back. But he regrets that he doesn't even bother to soften the blow of his words. Driven by anger and hurt, he let his mouth run and stomp on the feelings of his grandmother. Half of him says she gets what she deserves. The other says he needs to say sorry for being an ass.

He's been an ass last night, Jay argues, but it's not like what he says aren't true. He doesn't make up a story. He just simply tells the truth. Since when does telling the truth become wrong? If she gets hurt, that's because she's guilty.

Pacing around his room, Jay can't seem to fully convince himself. He reaches for the doorknob. Should he say sorry? He sighs as he steps away from the door. It seems the most logical thing to do. However, it doesn't sit quite well for Jay.

Because of the tears that gather around his eyes, Jay doesn't see clearly how his grandmother reacts. That, and the fact she's looking at her feet the whole time. He remembers her slight tremors as he speaks but that's all. The next Jay has seen is her back as she leaves the room.

In the end, Jay decides to stand his ground.