Part 5

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐┊ ⋆ ┊ . ┊ ┊┊ ┊⋆ ┊ .┊ ┊ ⋆˚         ✧. ┊         ⋆ ★

you said your goodbye as you left jingyuan in the office. now you need to have lunch and tell yukong and your friends about your big news. you rush to the cafeteria asap but accidentally bumped into...danheng?

you rubbed your eyes as he gazed into your e/c, you looked up to see your biology classmate standing there with a concerning look in his eyes.

"y/n, are you ok? does it hurt? you seemed very excited just now..." he trailed off

"ah sorry for the trouble danheng...I got a little too fast just now" you apologized.

"no need to the apology, as long as your ok"

"mmm ok" you replied.

he gave you a pat on the head as your face turn into a tomato, you cant deny the fact that you kind of like it, its nice to have people taking care of you. and danheng is such a...gentle guy. then he leads you to the cafeteria and you found tingyuan sitting alone so you went ahead and joined her. 

"hi y/n! hows your class?" tingyuan asked.

"art class? it was slay! and something extremely fantastic happened!! guess what?" you exclaimed.

"hmm lemme think... you won the lottery?"she asked.

"...no"

"you met the love of your life..?"

"no why-" you said, but the thought of danheng randomly popped into your mind, making you blush as you tried to forget it and tell yourself its a random thought.

"I SAW YOU BLUSHING Y/N!!" tingyuan exclaimed.

"no! no you didn't- keep your volume down!! you're shouting to everyone here!!" you said hastily, not knowing you just got redder.

"believe me its not what you think" you reassured her.

"oh.."she seems disappointed." then what happened?"

"hi tingyuan! its nice to see my friends around!! got any more seats?" yukong walked over with her food and a big smile plastered on her face.

"hi yukong! of course! come join us" tingyuan replied.

she sat next to you all as you continue your conversation with tingyuan.

"so, believe it or not, i got chosen to be in the annual art competition!"

tingyuan dropped her fork on the floor and smacked the table

"YOU WHAT???"

"I SAID, I JOINED THE ART COMPETITION" you exclaimed at her.

she took you by the shoulder and shake you until you felt like throwing up.

"stop-stop it already"

she let go of you and went back to eating.

"im-im..i dunno what to say but.. congrats y/n!!" tingyuan said looking genuinely happy for you.

"heh~ sounds nice... but the process will be very hard and tiring, y/n, and don't forget you might not win if you didn't work well" yukong softly hummed.

you looked at her, whos casually eating as if nothing happened. you didn't know if she was trying to provoke on purpose. since her point does have some point, you cant say anything to her.

"uh ok" you mumbled back. stuffing your mouth with food.

then, danheng with a plate of food came over to you

"any free space..?" he asked you.

you motioned him to sit next to you but before you can say anything to your friend, yukong did.

"oh! i remember you from biology!? are you danheng?"

"...yes"

"oh! I'm also from our class! do you remember me? haha we might interact more in the future!"

 she laughed and danheng just sat there silently, looking at your e/c. as you tensed up from yukong being so...problematic; what does she want from danheng? you didn't know but you feel uneasy seeing him with someone else...you only ever feel protective over your own things, but danheng he...you didn't know what happened to you but all the feelings are uncertain.

after lunch, you had some more classes then you went back straight to your dorm. you didn't even want to go shopping or furnish ur room now that you have the time. "I guess I should just focus on my projects" you thought.

alone in your dorm (tingyuan went out with her friends) at the late afternoon, you turned on your fav playlist, and sitting at your desk, you begin your homework.

few minutes later, you hear a notif from your phone, picking it up, you saw danheng's msg.

----------------------------------

danheng: hi y/n, are u free rn?

me: for what?

danheng: our project

me: oh yes, shall we start now?

danheng: ok, but do you have any ideas for composition?

me: maybe a short story..?

danheng: anything you like

me: ok, wanna do it online or irl

danheng: irl is better for communication

me: you really care about talking huh? didn't know you were that type of ppl LOL

danheng: what..? no

danheng: i mean im not into talking with too many ppl but with u ig ok

me: where to meet up?

danheng: how bout the new cafe at the mall?

me: sure, meet u up 10 minutes l8er

--------------------------

you turned the phone off and packed your laptop, books, and things then swing it onto your shoulder and left the dorm.

when you arrived, you two sat face to face and started the project silently, which made you wonder why he said the meeting will help communication when he doesn't talk. little did you know he was admiring the way you look when you focused hardly on the work. his gaze never left you as he looked at your e/c.

meanwhile, tingyuan was with her friend group when she suddenly stopped and look at the cafe, 

"isn't that y/n? with her...classmate i think, they working on some project? should we go say hi?" tingyuan said.

yukong paused and saw you and danheng working together, she gritted her teeth and rolled her eyes.

"nah they must be busy with whatever they doing, lets go, don't mind them...ugh" she murmured under her breath, feeling mad.