The Creepy Stalker

So, you're back . . . I'll just . . . 

The bracelet-thingy teleported me to when Percy was, like, 8-9. I walked to his bedroom. He was sleeping, drooling slightly. His face was covered in bruises and his legs had many scars. For a second I thought that he had met a couple of Greek monsters, but then I realized that it was his stepfather—Gabe, right?

A female shouted, "Time for school! Wake up!" It was Sally. 

Percy groaned and opened his eyes. I left the room, giving him privacy and waited for a while. The door opened. 

Percy was wearing blue jeans and a black T-shirt. His black hair wasn't brushed, though. He walked into the bathroom and closed the door. I stood nearby, looking around the apartment. 

Once he came out he grabbed his backpack and exited the apartment, taking the stairs. And it was a lot of stairs. I followed him outside, where Sally was. She gestured for him to get in the car. He sat in the passenger's seat while Sally sat in the driver's seat, twisting the keys in. Let's just say that I had to run . . . 

When we got there I was sweating, gasping for air. Percy exited the car and waved at his mother. He opened the doors and entered a classroom with the numbers '317.'

They learned multiplication, they read books, they studied, etc. Soon it was 'recess,' whatever that was. The kids exited the building and walked to this place . . . It was really colorful. It had these tunnel things—

It's called a playground, stupid.

Oh. Anyway, Percy was walking around the 'playground,' observing the children. Why wasn't he playing? 

A man came out of nowhere. He wore a brown trench coat and his head was down, so I couldn't see his face. He seemed to be following Percy, and he seemed to know.

Percy started speed walking, and so did the man. Percy glanced back at the man, who had his head up. But the strange thing was that he had one eye. 

The teachers finally noticed the stalker. They kept yelling at the man, telling him to leave, but he didn't. A teacher brought out a phone and told him that he'd call the police if he didn't leave. That worked; the man walked away and disappeared. 

The same teacher that threatened to call the police knelt down to the ground and asked Percy: "What did he look like?"

Percy stared at the teacher. "He had tan skin and one big brown eye."

"Did he have an eyepatch or—?"

"No, just one eye in the middle of his head."

"Stop playing games," another teacher said. "What did he look like?"

"But I'm telling the truth!" Percy exclaimed.

I wanted to tell the teachers that he was in fact telling the truth—I really did. But I couldn't; they wouldn't be able to hear me. 

The teachers sighed and walked away. Percy whispered, "At least, I think so . . ."

"Oh, look who it is!"

I turned around to see three boys standing. 

"Go away," Percy muttered. I could tell that these guys were bullies. 

(Yes, I know what a bully is. Don't sound so surprised.)

How can I not?

The one in the middle laughed. "I don't think so." And he punched Percy. 

For some reason, I wanted to knock the guy unconscious. I didn't know why. I had teased Percy, hurt him, but now I wanted to hurt everyone else that hurt him. 

Percy glared at the boy but didn't fight back. 

"You think you're scary?" the guy in the left asked.

Percy looked down and tried to walk away but the boy on the right stopped him. "Where do guy think you're going?"

"I said, 'GO AWAY!'" And with that, Percy punched the male. 

"Ow!" He touched his nose that was bloody. "What the heck did you do that for?"

"What do you mean?!" Percy demanded.

I wanted to tell him that it was a trap, to run and hide from the teachers, but I couldn't. 

A teacher came over to the boys. "What happened?" she asked, glancing at the boy with a bloody nose. 

"Percy punched me!" he shouted. 

"Percy? Why?"

Percy tried to defend himself but the bullies won the argument. 

"Go to the principals office, Percy. Now," the teacher ordered.

"Fine," Percy grumbled and walked inside. He took a left and opened a door. 

A male—I'm guessing that he was the principal—looked up from a paper. "Ah, Percy. What brings you here?"

"I . . . I punched someone."

"And why did you do that?"

"I . . . I don't know," he lied.

Why didn't he tell the truth? 

I do not know, Hecate said. 

The principal said something else but I didn't hear. I was too busy feeling guilty. 

Only 788 words? Come on, Jason! You can do better! Anyway, any grammar mistakes you see you can correct. Have a good day/night!

-The pushy girl and the mean boy