Percy Drowns His Classmates

Why are you still here? Do you really want to see me fail? 'Cause that's all I see in the 'comments.' Don't you have faith in me?

Nope.

I wasn't talking to you. 

Just hurry up with the chapter! You have many more chapters left. 

Don't remind me. 

Stop quoting Grover and write!

I appeared in Percy's room in a chair at a desk. He looked a little older with a lot more scars and bruises. 

He is now 10, Hecate said in my mind. Percy is in the fourth grade. 

Cool, I thought sarcastically. 

I almost jumped when I heard Percy speak: "Did you really do that?" He brought his knees to his chest and buried his head in his arms. I could hear him tear up a little. 

It was pitch black outside (there was a window that was conveniently open), and I knew that it was late. Really late. 

"It's just . . . I don't know." His voice was a little muffled. I wondered who he was talking to. "You can't keep hiding it . . ."

Who's he talking to? I thought to Hecate. 

I believe he is talking to himself. 

What? That doesn't make sense!

She kept silent. 

"Why do you even try?" Percy sighed and put his head up, looking out the window. "If only . . ." 

A couple seconds later, Sally opened the door. "You're still awake?"

Percy managed a weak smile. "I couldn't sleep."

"Do you want to eat something?"

Percy shook his head.

"Well, try to sleep again. Please?"

Percy nodded and laid down, his head on his pillow. 

"Do you want your blanket?" Sally asked. 

"No."

"Ok. Good night." She closed the door. 

Percy didn't try to sleep. He kept his eyes open. 

I wanted to tell him to go to sleep, to hug him or something, but I would just go straight through him. Who thought that I would already feel regret?

"I . . . I can't do it."

"What . . .?" I don't care that I spoke even though he couldn't hear me. All I cared about was that he was upset and he was the reason . . . If that makes sense. 

Percy sighed. "I guess I'll never be the son you wanted."

Okay, that broke my heart, not gonna lie. He'll never be the son that who wanted? It just didn't add up!

I didn't think that it would be this quick to change my mind. I didn't think that I'd even change my mind! But here I am, feeling bad for him, thinking about how much I want to harm the people who hurt him. 

Percy closed his eyes. I stared at him for a while before closing mine.

If only Jercy.

I'M TRYING TO WRITE, NADEEN! GO AWAY!

Hmph.