Chapter 18

Liv lays there for a moment still thinking about the earth shattering orgasm she just had and how just 5 or 6 months ago she used to fantasize about Elliot touching her. "I'm going to go run some hot water" Elliot disappears into the bathroom beside the bedroom. Liv thinks back to the times that she was so lonely and how over the years there were times she pleasured herself to the thought of being intimate with Elliot and how she used to picture him whenever she was intimate with someone else. She used to wonder if he ever felt the same. If he ever had the same desires for her.

She thinks about how she was in love with him from the very beginning. How his voice could soothe her darkest nightmares. How his smile could brighten the darkest of days and his laugh filled her heart with joy she never knew was possible. She thinks of all the days she desperately wanted to be with him. For years, night after night, wishing that she was wrapped up in his arms with her head against his chest listening to his heart beat. Dreaming and fantasizing about what it'd be like to feel his lips against hers or even his skin against hers. She used to imagine them cuddled up on the couch watching movies together or having nice dinner dates, she used to imagine all the small things she thought she'd never have with him. Now he's all hers and ready to do anything to please her and keep her happy.

Her heart feels full and warm and she can't help but notice how flustered her face feels as she smiles giddily. Elliot peers in the doorway and is pleased to find her in such a happy state. "You look happy..?" He says warmly. "I am. I never thought that there would be a day where I actually got to call you mine." She replies and he smiles earnestly. "I never thought so either." He sits on the edge of the bed beside her. Taking her hand into his own. "If I had known that this is what I had to look forward to, I wouldn't have spent nearly as many nights lost in my thoughts as Kathy lay asleep beside me. I felt trapped like I was doomed to spend my life with someone who despite being an amazing woman just wasn't meant for me and all I could think about was how I wanted nothing more than to spend my life with you. If I had known that this is what I had to look forward to maybe I could have saved myself from so many lonely sleepless nights"

His words fill her heart and almost bring tears to her eyes knowing that he felt the same way, that desperate love for one another. "Let's get you into a bath." He says. Standing up and reaching down to scoop her into his arms. She smiles as she feels his strong arms gripping her tightly. He carries her to the bathroom and lowers her to the bath tub waiting for her to get her feet under her. After he sets her down he crawls into the bathtub and sits down he grabs her waist and gently pulls her backwards into a sitting position in front of him. He begins by tucking a few loose hairs behind her ear before grabbing a loofah and putting some soap on it.

He begins rubbing it over her body slowly. As the suds cover her chest he uses his free hand to gently scoop water onto the suds and wash them away. He continues washing the rest of her body and sets the loofah down. He begins running his finger over her chest and stomach slowly. It's not sexual in nature. He's just enjoying the feeling of being able to touch her skin. She leans her head back into him even further and her sighs of relief echo in Elliot's mind. It's peaceful and quiet. Their breathing the only sounds filling the room. He slowly turns his head and places a gentle kiss on her forehead as he continues tracing her body with his fingers.

They lay there for what feels like a lifetime. Just listening to each other breathing. Enjoying the feeling of each other's skin as their heart beats begin to sync together and feel like one. "Elliot..?" She says softly. "Yeah..?" His voice soft and sweet. "Did you and Kathy ever talk about having any more kids.?" "Yeah we talked about the possibility. He pauses. Why..?" He asks kindly. "I've always wanted a family of my own." She turns her head slightly towards his and they lock eyes for a momen. He brings his hand up to her head and begins running his fingers through her hair over her scalp. There's a brief silence but it feels like forever as she awaits his response. Her heart begins to race. "Liv I'd be more than happy to give you a family if that's what you want. Obviously now that we're together you're already a part of my family but I've known for years that you wanted a family of your own and I was more than ready to give you that when we got together."

"What about the kids. What will they think?" She asks concerned. "I'll talk with them about it when the time comes but they know that we're together. They just want me to be happy and they're happy that I found that with you. We should probably give it a little bit of time and all spend some time together first. We should be living together before we have a baby maybe even married, but I'd be more than happy to do that with you." Her mind starts to race thinking about starting a family. Something she's been dreaming of for years. "Are you sure. I know it's a big thing you don't have to decide right away or tell me what you think I want to hear." "Liv this isn't something I say lightly. It's not something I just decided today. It's something I've thought about from the day I kissed you in the station house. Hell I thought about it when I was still with Kathy. I want to give you a family"

"We're actually going to do this?" She asks excitedly. His heart flutters at how happy she is and he lifts her chin towards his "We're definitely going to do it." He says happily as he kisses her on the lips.