The seahorse who couldn't shut up

⚠️⚠️ Warning to all readers, this book contains a fish who won't keep his unwanted opinions to himself, and not recommended for people who get migraines, easily. ⚠️⚠️

Dad hung up on the phone. He turned to look at me.

"Hi, Dad." I greeted. "I want to show the clownfish that I bought today."

"Okay." He replied. "I need to talk about something." He dropped the teabag into the bin and sat down on the sofa. I joined him.

"Dad?"He hummed a response. "Thanks for letting me go out with my friend."

"That's what this is about, princess." He said. "The way I acted before was because your brother told me, you and your friend we're going to a club." He explained. I looked at him as if he was an idiot.

"Why would I do that?" I asked. I laughed.

"Yeah, I know. I found out that when I asked where you were going." He said. He brought me closer towards him.

"But how did you know I wasn't lying?" I asked.

"The question that you're friend asked about the towels, you wore flip flops and you had sunscreen in your bag." He said. You could see how he was part of the police with how he observed things. I nodded. "You're brother got in trouble for lying. Until, his friend, Dakota Kingsmith-"

"I know Dad, don't get me started on how stupid that idiot is, he tried to steal the shopping money from Nico when we went shopping, yesterday," I said. "I had to punch him in the nose for him to leave us alone. He had a nosebleed." That Dakota made my blood boil. I couldn't bare him.

"Ohh, are we talking about the white streak?" Nico looked all excited. "With a juicy conversation like this, I'm joining. I'll get Mum to make popcorn!" He started to climb the stairs to get Mum.

"Nico, this is a conversation about something important with me and your sister. You can sit down and listen but we're not going to sit down and gossip about Noah's friend." Dad said, calmly. Nico took a seat.

"Anyways, he told me that he lied because of Lorelei's dad being in jail but wasn't sure and he wanted to confirm it but to be on the safe side he didn't want you to go with her and lied."The room was silent. I was secretly hoping that he wouldn't say what I thought he was going to say.

"Soooooo?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"It means that I don't want you to be going out with Lorelei, again." He said.

"How could you do that?" Nico said. He was standing up for me. "Why are you trying to separate your daughter from her first friend?" I felt slightly embarrassed when Nico mentioned that she was my friend. I had a lot of friends in Hawaii.

"Because it's dangerous leaving her with the daughter of a criminal," Dad answered. "If she was your friend she would have told you her father was a criminal," Dad said.

"And you're trusting that thief?" I said.

"If you wanted to protect us, you would have answered the phone when Nerissa called you to tell you that she lost me," Nico said as he stood up from the seat he was on.

"Nerissa! You lost your brother at the supermarket?!" Dad screamed as he stood up as well.

"It was my fault, I ran off like usual," Nico said.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Nico!" He admitted. It was too loud. I never like being around Dad when he was angry.

"It wasn't Nico, I zoned out but I'm sorry," I said with his hand on his shoulder. I too was now standing up.