A ruthless alpha

(Dakota POV )

Humans are pathetic. Pathetic to think they could always enter our territory without there being a consequence. Pathetic to think that they were safe. Especially with the masses of murder. Everyone whether in or out of the pack. Young or old. Male or female. Rich or poor. Was a suspect.

"My alpha, the body has bite marks on it." I grimaced at the weltered body of a werewolf. My beta, Lyall examined the marks.

"If it was a vampire, the blood would have been drained." My gamma, Toby said. He most probably was correct. I massaged my temple. We had been out all day and hadn't eaten anything. I couldn't even focus. These murders were ruining my reputation and my sleep.

"My alpha, you've been very quiet. Is everything okay?" I nodded. "Maybe after we finish up at the scene, we could get something."

"I'm craving a pizza," Lyall added. Out of the three of us, Lyall was the foodie. When he went on holidays he had to try all kinds of food.

Then there was Toby, who was the smartest out of us. He had the top grades at school that sometimes I was a bit jealous about. He was the one who had the most respect for me. For example, he was the only one who addressed me by 'Alpha'. We both hadn't found our mates like Lyall who rarely had time for us because of her. The only reason he had come with us is because his mate was sleeping and us ensuring him that she had guards outside of the room.

We finished up at the scene, collecting much evidence as we could. My mouth watered at the thought of food. I was more hungry than I had ever been in my entire life. As we entered the groceries store, my senses were filled with the smell of fresh food that was stocked up. Every second that went by, I regretted not eating.

"Hurry up, bro!" Lyall called. "I'm not going get my food any sooner if you take so long."

We wandered through the store looking for something proper to eat. I yawned while I kept walking.

I was passed by a boy pushing a trolley past me. A human. The human seemed cheerful and carefree. He had a ten-pound note in his pocket. I grabbed the boy by the back of his jacket. I brought him in front of me and pushed him into the wall. He winced in pain.

"Give me, your money." I forcefully commanded. The boy stared in confusion. Toby and Lyall came closer to me.

"Don't do as he says and you'll regret it." I didn't mind humans, maybe a little which was why I might have bullied them. I knew Lyall didn't want to do this because of Lorelei being human so he felt like he was hurting her instead but I couldn't help it. I couldn't explain how annoyed I became when I saw a human.

"No." He retorted. I almost scoffed. What could he possibly do?

"Come on! All you have to do is give me the money!"I shouted. Everyone watched but didn't intervene because they were all part of my pack.

"I don't have any money." The boy lied.

"What's that then?"I asked while saying that I smelt the delicate smell of chocolate and oranges. Mate, mate! My wolf shouted. I needed to find the smell.

"Nico, is everything alright?" A sweet voice questioned. My mate. My wolf was jumping in excitement. She had grey eyes with straight platinum blonde hair. Her cheeks were red as she stared at me quietly and the boy. She was a human with this unnatural beauty that poured out of her.

"Go away! It's none of your business." I exclaimed. What are you doing, dumbass? My wolf scolded.

"Ok, Nico. Let's go." She held her hand out to the boy but Toby grabbed her wrists and pulled me back. "What? You said we could go." Oh, that voice. I silently thought.