• 26 • regrette rien

non, rien de rien
non, je ne regrette rien
ni le bien qu'on m'a fait
ni le mal
—édith piaf

●●●

Black draped over the sky, stars dotted randomly. Cool, winter winds blew your hair back. The snow which had accumulated around the city for two days was now melting away but that didn't mean it was any less cold. Your fingers were frozen, the kind you can feel in your eyes, nose and bones.

Freeze sinks into your skin giving zero fucks about your sensitivity to low temperatures. How much ever you wanted to see snow, it wasn't a blast to be standing around it. Your nose was threatening to fall off because of the chill.

Apparently, your art teacher boyfriend looked like he wasn't even touched by the chill. He could have as well been standing on a sunny beach with a Sex On The Beach in hand.

Just as he exclaims your father's name with all the joys and exhilaration in the world, he drops your bags right there and bolts to him.

Even Joon is a little thrown off before something clicks into recognition on his face. Jungkook easily wraps himself around him and Joon hugs him back, with an endeared smile on his face.

"Kook, it's been so long! What are you doing here?" Delighted surprise.

"Oh, my God, hyung! I missed you so much. Look at you, looking all older and handsome," your boyfriend gushes, feeling up the other's padded jacket.

"Me? You look like you do 500 bench presses per day. I can't even believe this...Wow! It's been over ten years. How's Mrs. Do?" Holding him close, Joon begins talking to him with animated eyes. As if everything else around them has just disappeared from this dimension, they chat away leaving you, Jin and Jimin to stare at their...reunion.

Meanwhile, you're having your own little panic attack inside.

Joon saw you with him as they came back. He knows Jungkook.

Does that make the situation better or worse?

Probably it's worse to begin with that you were returning from somewhere with a whole ass carrier.

"She's doing as always. How's Mrs. Choi?" Seeing your boyfriend grin like he just met the love of his life—which is your dad—did feel a bit awkward.

Jin motioned his eyes to you, catching on quicker cause he has mega master mind deductive skills. Pissed and disappointed. He didn't show it on but you knew that look.

Shit, you're in trouble...

You shrug at him, telling him you don't know how they know each other.

"Great, great. She keeps busy with her online bookstore business and Monie stays with her."

Mrs. Choi is Joon's mother, your supposed grandmother whom you had just met once during a court session. She looked kind, old with age though. Her take on her son marrying another man was not great but she looked like she was too tired to pick up a fight. She simply gave her statement and went her way. You don't hear from her much.

"Anyways, what brings you here? Weren't you in France?"

"Well, one of the places I was was France. I kept switching around a lot," Kook shares.