• 36 • au revoir!

"The rain is speaking quietly,
you can sleep now.
Near my bed, the rustle of newspaper wings.
There are no other angles.
I'll wake up early and bribe the coming day
to be kind to us."

●●●

When dawn meets dusk and sun kisses the moon, we lie awake beneath the stars breathing in awe of how the day went.

We pant, climbing down from the high we just gave each other. Tonight was not about having sex anyway. It was about roaming in each other's presence, just believing the unbelievable. He pulled you closer by your arm. "Can you believe I got married to you?"

"After standing through the entire ordeal, yes," you whisper which makes him choke a laugh. His fingers weave through hair affectionately.

"God, I love you."

"I'm still concerned about Joon though. I've never seen him cry, and he didn't stop throughout the ceremony. His pictures look like he had a breakdown." You pout unconsciously while worrying about your father. Ever since he saw you in the gown, he had been controlling his tears. But, when he gave your hand to Jungkook, the tears were unstoppable. Jin was no less, he was sobbing into his cute handkerchief like a posh aunt.

Your brother was proudly gazing upon you in his sharp tux, his girlfriend beside him. You knew his eyes were moist too but he wouldn't cry because you'd never let him hear the end of it. Though, in the end, you suspect you saw him wiping away a tear. He was the only one who shared your blood, the only one who had been with you since everything in your life took a change. He understood how important this day was.

"My dad was pretty emotional too," he mumbles. He'd never seen his dad that affected by emotions. Mr. Jeon was always cold logic but today, he saw a little break in that exterior and understood how much he loved him. "He also loves you, chérie."

You prop your chin on his bare chest and trace his cheekbones fondly. "He's proud of you." You knew Jungkook won't give himself the credit of finally earning his father's approval easily. "Why won't you let yourself feel good about it?"

"It's difficult. But, I don't feel alienated in his presence anymore. He told me he's proud of my artistry and finding a perfect bride for myself."

You prop your chin up with confidence. "I'm perfect for you."

"You're everything for me." He rolls us over causing me to giggle. Our laughs merge like simple chords of a piano playing a song of homecoming. His nose tickles mine aggressively, making you blush hard. "I'm way past my age to marry. You know that, right?"

You loop your arms around his neck like a necklace which won't ever detach. You're keeping him in your arms forever. "How unlucky. I pray for the poor girl who has to marry an old hag like you." You fake pity and shake my head. You instantly tremble when his finger comes to ghost over your nipple. The tenacity in his eyes makes you back off before you tease him more. You get the punishment anyway. His fingers lovingly take the bud of your nipple between his fingers and squish it quite cruelly.

Your back arches and his tongue reapplies the lilacs he left on your neck and chest. You were beautifully covered in his marks, his necklace of love embedded into your skin. Another love bite hungrily gets stamped onto you. "The poor girl sounds pretty lucky right now," he grumbles against the fluff of your boobs when you moan.

You clutch at his hair, body movements indicating complete submission yet again. He'll never get tired of having you at his mercy. "You promised only th-three rounds. No more." Your cry makes him chuckle as he rolls over.