Chapter 9

Katherine was lost in the dark night with tears in her eyes. Katherine still could not believe what had just happened to her. She could not believe her mother was just so cruel. Katherine's phone rang and she took it out of her pocket and saw Ethan's name and then she quickly answered it.

"Hello?" Katherine sniffed.

"Are you okay?" Katherine could hear how worried Ethan was.

"Yeah," Katherine murmured. "I am fine." Katherine lied.

"What happened? I didn't see you at the--"

"I left but I am kinda lost, I guess." Katherine said, stopping him.

"You guess?" Ethan gawked into the phone.

"You were right." Katherine softly sobbed.

"Right about what?" Ethan asked and he relaxed.

"She didn't want me," Katherine softly cried. "She never wanted me."

"Where are you?" Ethan asked.

"I'll text you the street I am on," Katherine softly cried. "I don't feel like talking."

In the year 1777, and Stella was a sixteen year old girl who lived in London. Stella was walking alone in the park near her childhood home after she was picking daisies. A tall, slender man with dark brown hair caught her eye as he walked towards her direction and he met her gaze and she saw that he had dark brown eyes and dimples on his cheeks and thin, small lips. He looked about seventeen or eighteen.

"Hello there." The stranger greeted Stella with a warm smile.

"Hi there." Stella greeted with a small smile.

"And you are?"

"I am Stella Pierce." Stella answered and raised an eyebrow and grinned more. "Who are you?"

"I am Anthony Stevens."

"Well, it is nice to meet you." Stella responded as her eyebrow lowered.

"The pleasure is all mine, Stella." Anthony said as he grabbed her left hand and placed a soft, quick kiss on it before letting go of her hand. "You are a beauty."

"Am I really?" Stella asked as she blushed deeply and smiled widely.

"A true beauty." Anthony answered in a soft whisper.

"You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever laid on, sir." Stella replied as she stared into his eyes.

"You don't have to call me sir." Anthony chuckled.

"I know," Stella giggled and slowly nodded. "I was just being polite."

"Do you pass by here often?"

"All the time."

"Care to meet me back here tonight at six to get to know each other?" Anthony asked and raised an eyebrow.

"I would love to, I will have to tell my father that I have an errand to attend to." Stella answered. "He can't know I am with a boy." Stella laughed.

"Why can't he know about me?" Anthony chuckled.

"He is so overprotective over me," Stella sighed. "He does not want to lose his only child and his little girl." Stella explained.

"Where is your mother?"

"Died in childbirth." Stella answered and frowned.

"I am so sorry I asked, how rude of me."

"No, you did not know."

Stella opened her eyes and teared up as she sat up and got out of the hotel bed she had slept on. Stella hated remembering the past. She despised Anthony and wished they had never met. Get dressed. Move on. No more tears.