13. Sixteen

Elena's POV

Boom another perfect lesson! Damn I'm on a roll! Okay this will be the last Spanish lesson for today. I decided I wanted to learn another language and I have a lot of time for that anyway. I mean I stopped going to school, and I mostly have missions at night. So I downloaded Duolingo and I have a 50 day streak already. Very proud of myself if I may say so.

I want coffee. Entering my kitchen I start the coffee machine, now I wait. I add some sugar and milk to my coffee and head over to my balcony. I sit in my lounge chair and look at the view. Not that the view is really great but it's peaceful. Taking cautious sips from my mug, I grab my phone and grab my playlist. I add all my sad songs to a que and play them. I really hate today. I mean last years birthday was shit but I had miles. All my other birthdays I had my mom and abuela. Now all I have is myself. Abuelita is dead, mom is dead, dad is dead and Miles left me. Letting out a deep breath I head back inside. I need a shower.

I walk from my room to my bathroom. For the curious, I'll explain my appartement outlay. So when you enter trough the front door, immediately on the right side is an build in closet. Where I my washing machine and dryer are located, I can also hang my coats there and stack my shoes in the shoe rack. If you leave that closet, you will have a wall on the left side and eventually you see a door. Behind that door is my bathroom. Across from the door is a small part of a wall to hide the living room a bit. If you walk through the opening you see on the right the kitchen with dining area and openly connected with the living room area. On the left side, the same side as the bathroom, is another wall with a door that leads to my bedroom. The wall that connects the living room and my bedroom is separating the inside from the balcony. The balcony you can enter from my room and from the living room.

•<the outlay from the appartement>•

Inside my bathroom I strip myself if my clothes, grab my phone and add the plates sad songs back to my que

Inside my bathroom I strip myself if my clothes, grab my phone and add the plates sad songs back to my que. I catch a glimpse of my body in the mirror making me stop and look. I got most of my scars to fade away, but the bigger scars are still on there. The bigger stab wound scars are still visible, the gunshot scars almost all have faded completely. You can still see them if you look closely, further you can't see them. The burn wounds are still really visible, they burnt the gang symbol on my back. That one isn't fading. All these scars make me so disgusted with my self. I can't stand to look at myself.

I snap out of my thoughts when I feel something wet on my cheek. I run my hand over my cheek and realize I was crying. Sighing I turn around and step into the shower. The water hits my skin and I feel the comforting burning sensation. I soap in my body with my foam shampoo. After I'm done I slide down the wall, not being able to stand up anymore. The tears roll down uncontrollably and a loud sobs escapes my throat. A maximum of an half hour I get up and out the shower. I wrap the towel around my body and head towards my room. I open my closet and change into my most comfortable trainings suit.

•<The trainings suit (ignore the shoes and purse for now. Those she will put on near the end of the chapter)>•

 Those she will put on near the end of the chapter)>•

I leave my room and head over to my tv dresser. I connect my laptop to my tv and start up my at the moment used anime site, kissanime.com.ru, I play demon slayer season 1. I watched the first three seasons before but I have to rewatch them before I start season 4. Just because there is no actual reason other than me having to entertain myself the whole day.

I binged the whole series, while on the 3rd last episode my doorbell rings. I put my chocolate cake aside, which I grabbed after the scene where Rengoku died I really cried at that scene and needs to comfort myself with cake, I paused the screen. I walk over to the door and look through the peep hole and see Nigel, Jake, Ashton and Rhys. I grew quite close with them all so it's not a surprise to see them all here. I open the door and get greater with a choir of happy birthdays. Right it's my birthday.. I feel the tears gather in my eyes again. "Thank you all" I try not to let them notice the crack in my voice. "Put on your shoes and grab any other needed shit. We're going to smoke a joint and get high. You look like you need it." Rhys says as he shows me a bag with 2 pre-rolled joints. I let out a chuckle and close my door. I head into my closet and grab white sneakers and a white purse. I put my cake back into my refrigerator and shut off my laptop hiding it away aswel. Turning off my tv I grab my bodyspray, gum, wallet and keys from my counter. I keep the keys in my hand and throw the rest into my purse. I open the door again and throw them a smile. "Ready to go." They step back and allow me to step outside, I close my front door and lock it after.

•••

We are sitting in the trunk bed of Ashton's jeep. Nigel brought a speaker and he put on a playlist with Arctic Monkeys, The Neighbourhood, The Weeknd and Chase Atlantic. It's a good ass playlist. Before we got to this abandoned parking lot, we stopped at a night shop and got ourselves some alcohol. In which we bought one bottle of Bacardi and one bottle of vodka, also multiple cans of beer. Every one had 2 cans of beer already and now we are passing around the Bacardi bottle and the joint. "Now this is a good ending of a birthday!" I say as I get handed the joint from Nigel. "What do you mean with that?" Rhys asked, who's sitting next to me. "I mean it's way better then last year. I'd much rather sit here and smoke a blunt then be used for my body by my own best friend." I blurt out. The combination of me being stoned and tipsy is not good. "What?" Nigel asks, as they all look at me. I take a hit from the joint and hand it to Rhys. "Yeah, me and my ex best friend slept together on my 15th birthday. And after that he just ignored me and pretended I didn't exist. It's not that big of a deal, we were only friends for less than a year." I shrug it off just as I get handed the Bacardi bottle from Nigel. We finish this joint and the Bacardi bottle and light up the next joint and open up the vodka bottle. I'm stoned out of my mind and drunk when I get home. I fall in my bed and I'm out like a light.