Chapter 13:

-Clifton-

Standing in Ella's room, my legs started to shake like an earthquake hit. Her room seemed like a representation of her mind; messy, unorganised and chaotic. I don't know how a room can be chaotic, it just is. The clothes thrown around the room had made it look like a bomb had just gone off. The dust on everything made it look like it hadn't been dusted in years.

Her room smelt like her though. Unlike the rest of her house, which smelt like cigars and brownies, I don't understand how that goes together, but that the closest wat to describe it. her room smelt like her faverout lavender perfume, along with rose petals and raspberry liquorice.  Raspberry liquorice was Ella's faverout.

Her room looked like half of it was pulled from a Pinterest princess bedroom page, while half of it looked like an abandoned weed addicted persons house. if that makes any sense. Somehow.

I never really looked at her room in detail. I never thought twice about it. now It was the only way I could get part of her back. Ella's dad had asked me and a few other people of the group to take anything of Ella's that we would like. They let me come over ten minutes before anything else to call first dibs on anything.

***

I went through Ella's desk, closet and even under her bed. Nothing came to interest. Nothing made me want to remember her. Nothing sentimental.

***

Finally once everyone else arrived, there were five of us. Me, Evelyn, Zoie, Georgie and Alana. They went searching the room. In this dark place, we had a bunch of fun;

Zoie found one of Ella's scarfs, and a hair brush, she pretended to be Taylor swift for two minutes, screaming cruel summer.

Evelyn, Georgie and Zoie going straight to the book shelf, fighting over books, Evelyn slapped Zoie over a book.

Alana fell over trying to grab her phone, fell flat on her face.

A few (at least ten) games of slaps happened. Everyone's hands were bright red.

As I was going through Ella's hoodies, Georgie took at least five.

Jeff brought us some food, a snack platter, Georgie and Alana continued to play slaps. Causing Alana to jerk back, knocking over the plate of food. Georgie still wanted all of it!

***

I was the last to leave. Saying one last goodbye to Ella's beloved room, I noticed something glycine from the sun setting, under her bed.  Reaching for it, my hand held the little trinket in my palm.

"hey buddy, your sister's here to get you." Ella's mum told me, she was a sweet woman, to me at least. She brought up her arms and I unconsciously fell into her, letting myself soak up her scent. Ella's scent. My life is never going to be the same again.