Chapter 3-Upgrade

SMG4 woke up, and it was around 6:30.
"Wake up." The squip shook SMG4 up.
    "Okay okay I'm up..." SMG4 looked down at the bedroom floor for a minute, and then got up to brush his teeth. He looked drained and he felt drained. The squip followed behind him quietly.
   "Today we do things my way, understand?" The squip leaned next to SMG4 in front of the sink.
   "Yeah yeah whatever." He rolled his eyes and continued to brush his teeth, and he spit out the minty toothpaste. The Squip started to wander around the kitchen, he then spotted SMG4's dad.
    "Is this idiot your dad?" They pointed to him. "Why doesn't he wear pants?"
   "Ever since mom left he just chooses to act this way and drink coffee all day." SMG4 changed shirts and pants, and in about five minutes, he was ready.
    "He's just like you, except he's more fat, and you are...well...average." The Squip remarked. They noticed SMG4 was slouching over, so they gave him another shock.
    "Ow! Goddammit do you have to keep doing that?!"
   "You were slouching...you won't be popular with a posture like that."
  SMG4 groaned and put his backpack over his shoulders.
   "Let's just get this day over with."

-School-
"Everyone here is pretty popular...except for you and SMG3. We can fix you, though. Without SMG3 in the way, we are unstoppable." The squip continued to walk through the halls with SMG4. "I can sense another squip within the area..." They looked around for a little while until they passed by Mario. "There. Mario has a squip."

"Yeah, he does. He's gotten pretty popular since he got one." SMG4 walked through the doorway of the drama classroom.

"Wow this place is a dump." They said while standing behind SMG4's desk.
"Tell me about it..." Mr. Swag walked into the classroom and sat down at his chair in front of everyone.
"Okay, listen up you children who continue to dick around in class. We're going to do another musical this year. You all suck at singing but it's not like anyone will see the show anyways. With my help, we'll get lots of cash- I MEAN..."

"How did this idiot manage to get a job? All he wants is money!" They crossed their arms while tapping their foot on the floor. Swag rambled on for the rest of the class time, and even the Squip was losing brain cells while listening to him.

-After school-
SMG4 was desperately searching for SMG3. He hadn't seem him since yesterday.
"You don't need SMG3 right now. Just follow my lead."
Mario then walked up to SMG4, then shook his hand.
"What are you-" They were linking their squips together.
"Woah! You got a squip too? How is it?!" Mario asked excitedly.
"It's strange but they said they would make my life better." SMG4 slightly smiled while saying this. "My dad has been a real pain in the ass so this Squip is also kind of a stress reliever at the same time. They're relatable at-least."
"Yo, fuckin dads am I right?" Mario nudged SMG4 with his elbow. "If you ever wanna come over and yknow...play games or something, you're always welcome." SMG4 nodded as Mario and his squip walked away.
"Mario's Squip is interesting..."
"Is that so?" SMG4 smiled. "Maybe this will work after all."
"Of course it will. I never said it wouldn't work. Now, let's work on getting you a date. It shouldn't be too hard if you're friends with Mario."
"Is dating really necessary?"
"In high school, dating is necessary. Do you have a crush in particular or shall I arrange you with someone?" SMG4 thought hard.
"Maybe one of the popular girls?"
"Could we focus on that later? I need to get my homework done."
"Right." The squip and SMG4 continued to walk down the hall to the exit, until he was stopped by Kaizo and Bob.
"Hey, SMG4. We found out you're a pretty cool guy, so would you want to come to our Halloween party this weekend? We're inviting all of the popular kids." Kaizo asked.
"This could be a big leap forward for you, SMG4. What do you say?"
SMG4 thought for a moment until he realized how much his life could change if he went to that party.
"Sure! I'll come to the party!"
"Just so you know, my parents won't be home, but stay out of their room!" Kaizo crossed his arms.
"Yeah. You know what people do in there?" Bob started before Kaizo pushed him over.
"Anyways, I'll see you there, SMG4!" Kaizo picked Bob up and walked away with him.

"All we need now is a costume that actually appeals to everyone at the party..." The Squip put its arm around SMG4 while slightly shaking him to get his attention. SMG4 heard a familiar humming sound across the hallway. SMG3.

"SMG3?! Where have you been all day?!" SMG4 quickly ran over to him. SMG3 looked up with a sort of surprised-disappointed face.
"Really?! So you aren't the one who's been ignoring me?!" SMG3 slightly raised his voice.
"It's called optic nerve blocking. I've been blocking SMG3 from your field of vision."
"Why would you block him from me..?"
"SMG3 is a link to SMG4 1.0. To upgrade, you have to be willing to make sacrifices."
"What's up with you? You've been acting shady ever since...since..." SMG3 paused for a few seconds to think. "It worked didnt it?" SMG3 asked. "SMG4!! That's amazing! We gotta test it out...no..we gotta celebrate! We gotta...get stoned in my basement!!" SMG3 seemed excited about this idea.
SMG4 thought about it. "For once, maybe I should figure out what not being the loser feels like. I just want to be chill. It's time for something new. Squip, give me the upgrade."
"As you wish."
"SMG4? Are you coming?" SMG3 asked while slightly walking away.

"Optic nerve blocking on."
"Now...let's get to work."