Chapter 9-The Play

—TW!! Vomiting, violence

"Tonight is the night. Are you guys ready?" The whole cast groaned. They really hated being in this. Especially me. Why did I even audition for this piece of crap? It's gonna turn out horrible! Swag was dancing around while Chris watched him. God, I really feel bad for him. I opened my phone. 2:45. School is almost over thankfully. The squip is going to help me rehearse my lines, and I can't back out of it now since I don't have an understudy. God this really sucks.
"These guys are idiots. I don't see how you can put up with them for almost a year. This is horrible!" The squip tapped their foot on the ground angrily. They didn't exactly appreciate being in this class as much as some others did. I cant leave now, otherwise Swag will start to yodel, and thats not something I plan on going through today. I sighed and put my phone back in my pocket. Meggy glanced at me but then looked away. I have zero idea why everyone is looking at me today, but it needs to stop. I glanced at the squip, who then looked back at me.

     "How's it going down there?" The squip teased.
  "Shut up..."
   "I thought you didn't like being called tall?"
  "Yeah but I don't like being called short, either."
  "God, you're picky." The squip crossed their arms as they leaned against the wall. They glanced at the clock across the room. 3:00. The bell rung.
    "Thank god. I lost all of my brain cells." The squip looked at me confusingly. "It's just an expression."
  "That's kind of what I thought." We both walked through the halls, and to the exit. I would practice the lines and then...the play. God, the thought of it made me wanna puke my guts out. The squip patted my back. "It'll be okay. I can put your gag reflexes on hold if you need."
"Ugh...don't make me think about about that..." I pinched the bridge of my nose. I cant go back, though. I wanted this role.

The girls continued to talk about the play and how they were so excited to sing in front of everyone. They all sucked at singing. Kaizo was a pretty good singer, Bob was...questionable. Kaizo now has a different role since his legs are broken. His role was "Guy in crutches LMAO!!" That was written by Swag...of course. I'm not sure how well he will do tonight.
"Stop worrying about others. Just thinking about how you'll do. You will do amazing tonight...With my help." The squip's voice sounded a bit strange while saying that, but I shrugged it off. Everything is weird now-a-days.

-School-
-1 Hour until the play-
"Mario is in the hospital...and Kaizo's broke both of his legs trying to escape that fire...this is horrible! How could Mario's squip let him do that?!"

"Mario was under a lot of pressure at home, and with his squip disabled due to the alcohol, it seems he lacked a proper...coping mechanism."
"Did you know? You told me to leave the party."
"I was aware of certain probabilities."
"Did you know they were gonna get hurt?"
"I'm getting the impression you don't trust me, SMG4."
"Why me?"

"...I don't understand the question."
"You can be inside of world leaders, presidents...what do you do? What do you want?"
"I promise, my soul function is to improve your life."
"Yeah? Well awesome job! My dad thinks that I'm a jerk! I really hurt Tari...and SMG3...you were supposed to make my life better!"
"And I will! In time, but they are only human! I'm not supposed to account for human error!"
"You were supposed to make everything better. Why isn't it?"
"Look at yourself. You dress better. You are...93% more attractive! You've had more experience with the opposite sex which is to say you've had experience with the opposite sex, BUT human activity is a better input, as well as output!"
"What does that mean?!"
"The fault is in your peers!" SMG4 backed up to the wall.
"It's not their fault!!" He crossed his arms. The squip sighed.
"Let's change the subject, shall we? We need to save these pitiful children." SMG4 wipes his eyes and looked in the mirror. He started to walk off to backstage.