Chapter 8-It's spreading

"Ugh, why did you even keep me up this late?"
   "You wanted to be more chill and cool right? Cool and chill people stay up until 6AM."

SMG4 looked at the squip irritatingly

SMG4 looked at the squip irritatingly. "I'm sorry life doesn't go the way you want, but you can achieve everything under my control." He looked back behind him.

   "What..?!"
  "Sorry. It's just that you have become so hard to work with that maybe we need to jump to another level. We are close, but not that close." SMG4 didn't quite understand what the squip was trying to explain to him. He just shook it off and continued to get his school stuff ready. The squip had helped him clean his room and keep him more organized. He liked a little bit of change, but then again, he didn't like too much change. He put the backpack straps over his shoulders and walked out of the house with the squip following behind him.

-school-
   "Did you hear that Mario still hasn't been found?" Meggy asked anxiously. Saiko rolled her eyes.
   "Stop being such a worry-wart, Meg. He's fine. We're all fine." Saiko patted Meggy's back with a smile on her face. She wasn't worried. Tari was still on edge after the party.
  SMG4 walked through the halls. He still didn't see-
The squip gave SMG4 an electrical shock. 
"SMG4, last warning."
  "Right sorry."

He would try his hardest to not fail today. His life was getting to a good part in this story. Finally. The squip stood tall above the rest of the high schoolers, which made everyone look incredibly short. SMG4 arched his back slightly to look like everyone else. Chill. Cool. Popular. Perfect.

    The squip then lead SMG4 over to Mario's locker once everyone was out of the halls.
   "This isn't my locker."
  "Open it." The squip demanded while crossing their arms.
"I don't know the combination-" the squip opened the locker with ease, and inside was a shoe box. SMG4 grabbed the box and opened it.

   "Holy...shit..." SMG4 said to himself with wide eyes. "This must be enough squips for..."
  "The entire school. Give it to Tari over there. She may need one after all she's been through." The squip leaned over SMG4 menacingly like SMG4 had no choice but to give it to her. "Also, I put a bunch of bottles of Mountain Dew in your backpack. Give her a squip and Mountain Dew and she's set." SMG4 nodded and walked over to Tari.

   "Hey...Tari...! How are you...?" Tari gasped.
   "Nobody has ever asked me that before...I'm not doing okay..." Tari slightly smiled.
  "Well...what if I gave you..a pill that can fix all your problems...?"
  "Okay..!!" SMG4 passed the pill and Mountain Dew to Tari. She consumed it within a few seconds. She then smiled.
   "Thank you, SMG4." Her voice sounded strange, but maybe that was just a side effect.

   "She'll be fine. Let's go find the others and give it to them." The squip patted SMG4's back and walked around to different rooms, giving it to each student. They had skipped a few people, though.

   "We didn't get everyone."
   "Don't worry about that." They said while tapping their foot on the tiled floor. "What matters most is that you'll finally be someone you've always wanted to be. You won't be the loser...the geek..."
   "Or whatever..." SMG4 said under his breath.
  "Good. You're finally learning."

    SMG3 was walking home, and he saw SMG4's dad outside. He was going to attempt to make a run for it until his dad stopped him.
    "SMG3!! I need your help! Jeremy won't listen to me and I think you might know why!"
  "Sorry, but SMG4 and I aren't friends anymore!"
  "Do you love SMG4?" SMG4's dad asked. SMG3 just turned around slowly while trying to put out words.
  "Okay look, I need you to help me get him to listen."
  "If I try harder to be his friend, you try harder to be his dad. First off, start wearing pants."
  "You drive a hard bargain, son." SMG4's dad smiled. Maybe this could work. They could get SMG4 back to normal.

SMG3 and SMG4's dad made it into Kohl's and they went through the men's isle. They picked out a few pairs of pants and checked out.
"That was a lot harder than I had expected." SMG4s dad said while putting the bags in the trunk.
"Yeah. Just...try and wear pants more often...if not...every day please? SMG4 would complain a lot about it."
"I'll try, SMG3." SMG4's dad smiled. They then drove back to SMG4's house, where his dad served SMG3 dinner. He hadn't eaten in a few days. He'd skipped his breakfast, lunch and dinner.
   "SMG3, I know you're scared to talk to him again but...we have to do something about it."
  "After the play, I'll talk to him. Hopefully he won't be pissed off at me still..." SMG3 continued to chew his fries.
   "What happened to your face...here...?" He pointed to the bruise.
  "He punched me in the nose and slapped me across my face during the party. I wasn't meant to be there but...maybe it was best if I just stayed home." SMG4's dad gasped.

   "He did what?!"
  "Don't be mad at him. He's been on some sort of drug called a squip and it tells him what to do!"
    "So he was really being serious about that, huh?" SMG3 nodded.
  "I'm going to help him get it out." He placed the fork down and wiped his mouth. "I'll see you soon."
  "Bye, SMG3!" SMG4's dad waved. This could work. SMG3 just has to find a way to turn the squip off permanently, and things would be perfect again. He didn't care if SMG4 would be a loser again. He just wants SMG4 back.

    After a long night of research, SMG3 found the cure for the squip. Mountain Dew red.