Chapter 8

Song for this chapter-

Change My Mind-One Direction

—————————————————————————————————————————————

I was having an out of body experience as I drained all my energy to keep the shield wall intact.I feared that the instant I'll drop the shield wall,Ethan and Aaron will spare no second to kill us.

I could see Aaron's eyes widen at my power,just like everyone else's at this side.

"She is the shield?!"Aaron gasped loudly,transfixed to the spot.Ethan was having a hard time as well,realizing what had hit them.I kept on concentrating on the magic spell while they both attacked my shield,in the process,making me scream in sheer pain.Whatever power they tried to use to break the shield,would hurt me and I would start feeling dizzy and weak.

"Mau....."I began . In the split of a second,Maurice was beside me.His eyes were glowing with anger as he brought his palms together and closed his eyes for a second.

There was a boom,and the next thing I knew,Aaron and Ethan were down on the ground,panting.I could hear them cursing him , but maurice was unfazed by it.He glared at them and pointed his ivory wand towards them,muttering some magic words,which I couldn't catch because he spoke real fast.The next thing that happened was far more faster than what he had said.

"Go to hell you two!"Maurice shouted gruffly and the next instant there was a cloud of smoke surrounding us.I could hear some shouts and curse words,and finally, Aaron and Ethan were gone like a puff of smoke.

I let down the shield immediately,falling on the hard ground.Everyone rushed towards me,and I groaned in pain.The shield wall had taken a lot of my energy and it took a lot of courage at the moment to keep my eyes open after what happened.Everything seemed to blur ,again.i don't know what's wrong with me,because I seem to faint every single second after I joined this quest and Haiden.

Maurice pulled me to his chest.And for the first time,ladies and gentlemen,i felt those sparks I have long heard of from Janelle.She used to tell me back at home,that when we find our perfect 'someone' we usually feel this way whenever we are near them.I closed my eyes in satisfaction,as I felt Maurice's hand caressing my cheeks.There was low laugh from the background,which sounded like Arianne,and the next second I eyes fluttered open,to see Maurice's face inches away from mine.I could see the crystal blue colour of his eyes,as they stared at me,with an emotion,I could now tell .He believed in me.He trusted me,and that was enough for me.

My heart started racing at a faster pace,as he leaned in closer,crashing his lips to mine.And the only thought in my head was-

Fireworks.

The tingly sensation he gave me,as we kissed was unbelieveable,our lips moved in sync as I moved my hand up to his messy hair and ran my fingers through it.I could feel his smirk against my lips as he brought me closer and I scooted up to his lap.The back of my head had it,that my friends,his friends were all watching the show of PDA.But,I just couldn't stop.His lips tasted like......

Like.....

Uh.....home.A place where I always crave to be.

"Cherry"His voice rung through my ears as I gazed into his eyes.

"Maurice"I whispered in his mouth.

His hands travelled up to my waist and he stood up from the ground,pulling me with him.The position was really awkward.My legs around his waist,his hand on my butt and waist.Our lips connected.My hair partly covering up for our audience.

I heard a cough behind me.Camelia.

"Umm..guys...it's really appreciating that you're bonding.....but we can't let things get out of control,while we are in the middle of Jon Yard."she said.

I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment as I steadied myself on the ground.

What were we doing anyway?

—————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Ta-da!! so how was it,wattpadders?? I hope you liked it!!thanks for reading!!Please please please vote,comment and share my story!!thanks for being supportive.I'll put up the cast soon.

Btw,the cast is set up! Check it out!!...Incase you re reading frm ur phone den...

Lucas Till as Maurice Caleb Jovial

Phoebe Tonkin as Cherry Kendall Williams.

Anna,

xoxoxo