Chapter 18

Song for this chapter;-)

Let Me Love You- Ne Yo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Diary,

I am surprised at how used to I have become to this hectic life-all these quests, this school, the teachers, their homework, the boys, especially my mate. I don't know why whenever I mention him as my mate, I feel this tinge within me. is this what everyone calls love?

The book which Maurice had been going gaga over was found by Brenton that night itself. I had somehow,after all the commotion they had, managed to return back to my dorm at around midnight .Ari,Cam,Nami, and Jane were all sleeping and I silently went to bed myself without disturbing any of the girls. The next morning, when i woke up, everyone else had already left for their classes leaving me a note saying that I had flying lessons with Mr.McKessie in an hour and the worst news ever, Maurice was the assistant in this class. I had heard from a girl in my Portions class that Maurice usually volunteered for the classes as an assistant for the teacher-in-charge.

I was really happy when I came to know that I would not have any classes with The Seasons Boys because they are two years senior than us and were all in Advanced Classes mostly taken by Professor Lucifield. But,now the unfortunate news came to me that they all volunteered for the Junior Classes helping.

Double Crap on that.

I know this is going to be my first Flying Lesson in life,and I would do terribly.To top all of this,my mate has to go through all that.I am so ashamed of the situation-He after all is Maurice Caleb Jovial , a legend sort of person, and I am a mere nobody.How are things supposed to be okay?

Cherry K. Williams

I close my journal and get dressed in a pair of tight skinny jeans and a white tank top.I tie my straight hair up in a high ponytail and apply some mascara and lip gloss before grabbing my bag and and running to the Main Building Courtyard. I had checked it earlier and I knew where our classes are going to be held. I clutched my emerald pendant as I gasped for air after running a short marathon from the other building. Some students were already there,admiring the Flying Broomsticks we had for us all set for diaplay and selection.The Broomsticks choose their own owners.It's like they are already aware of their master's presence when they are made.I had a feeling that no Broomstick will choose me.Don't ask me why.I just do.

Mr. McKessie came walking smartly in a dark robe which covered his body with Maurice behind him.Maurice looked as handsome as always, his hair messy and beautiful,his eyes twinkling with excitement and his lips sculpted in a breath-taking smile.He probably had not noticed me ,yet.

Thank heavens.

"Boys and girls in two different lines and everyone is going to stand straight,The Selection will take place now.I hope you students have no problem with my assistant here,Maurice Caleb Jovial, one of my oldest students.He will be teaching a group about the aesthetic part of flying. The rest will join me in hard training for the first two hours"The teacher declared.

There were a couple of groans and a few mumbles about how stupid this sounds as everyone made two lines.I stood right at the back,trying to avoid the one person's gaze I was determined not to fall in.

"Ms. Meredith Parker!" Mr. McKessie hollered. A tall blonde stepped in front of the teacher as he grimly inspected him.He handed her a Broomstick and motioned her to go back her position.One by one,in this process he called many boys and girls until it was my turn.

"Ms.Cherry Williams!"

I almost fell as I ran to the teacher.He looked at me and handed me a Flying Broomstick just like the others. I smiled a little at him and glanced at Maurice who was boring holes in my head as I made my way back to the line.

A girl who I remember,thanks to Professor's loud voice smiled at me,as I stood behind her.She looked beautiful,she had wavy black curls and grey eyes.

"You're a newbie aren't you?"She asked.

"Yeah,sort of,came with my best friends here, I have just joined you see"

"Yeah,about the seeing part"She smirked."Is Maurice Jovial staring at you?"

I snapped my head towards his direction and yes,he was staring at me ,shamelessly,if I might add.

'HEY!...STOP.....!PEOPLE HAVE EYES....!' I scolded him in our telepathic link.He shook his head a little before looking at the poor boy who Mr. McKessie was looking at,coldly.

"He knows you?" A voice behind me asked.I turned around to see a boy ,he too had black curly hair like the girl.

"No....but do you two know each other?"I asked out of curiosity.

"We are siblings. This is Amy and I am Cole"The boy said.

"Nice meeting you two,I am Cherry,you are free to call me Cher,though"

Amy smiled at me."Yup,sure"

Our conversation was interrupted by the Professor.

"We are all going to try stepping on our Broomsticks and going a bit high up in the air for now.Everyone put your left leg on the broom's left side and jump over it"

I followed his instructions as he made us get up on the Flying Broomsticks.My heart was pounding with nervousness.What if I fall?Okay,I had rather not think about it.

Beside me,Amy had started flying but she was having some difficulty and I noticed it at last that I was only one out of the Juniors who was flying high.

I kept on soaring high and prayed for the stick to stay balanced in mid air and I don't fall flat on the ground from 20 meters above the ground.I closed my eyes shut and prayed to God to help me.I didn't even know how to land safely while on a Flying Broomstick.

"WHOA!! Ms.Williams come down!!"Mr.McKessie shouted.

And that made me open my eyes ,I was way up high in the sky,the view was scary.The whole Haiden could be seen from this place and the view was absolutely magical but I was not feeling anything great about it.I had this small information at the back of my mind that someone was there who would have helped me.So,I did what no sane girl would have done.

"MAURICE!" I screamed."Help me!!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey fellas!! So...double update!! Thankie for reading..Comment! VOTE!! and SHARE my story!!

TDMM is lagging behind in the Wattys Ranking because of my late update! I am making it up...so guys please help me okay??

AnnaMaria

XOXO