Chapter 44

Song for this chapter-

Perfect- One Direction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A little bit of measurement here." My mother instructed the tailor, signalling towards her waistline. "Yeah, perfect."

"Mom" I groaned, as I sat on the sofa not too far from where this measuring-business was happening, toying with my Iphone.

"What?" She snapped.

"Whoa! Calm it, woman!" I said, putting my hands up in surrender. Apparently her work habits have changed a lot in the past two years, and she does not like it when anyone, I repeat,  anyone  disturbs her  while she is at it.

'Maurice.' I heard Cherry's beautiful soft voice in my mind. Our telepathic connection was back during our Winded Wars challenge and we are making the most out of it.

'Hmm...?'

'This is torture...! You know that I hate dressing up, this is more of like...Ari's type.'

'But you should rekindle your feminine skills sometimes, right?'

'Oh, puh-lease!'

"Now turn around." I heard my mother say, Cherry did as obliged and now her back was facing me. I went back on checking my news feed on my new Facebook account. Dad had set up his publicist Mr. Marcus Joshua to look after my reputation and popularity. The Marcus dude literally had a heart attack when he heard I did not possess any original accounts under-'Maurice Jovial' in any form of social networking. Immediately, as expected, he set up accounts for me which I am supposed to use every day at least once, for posting pictures, or updating my status, or tweeting something.

My old accounts, under 'Caleb Jovial'  were all disposed.

"Mama, how long....?" Cherry asked. My mother had taken a liking to my mate as soon as she had set eyes on her and enrolled her in as a model in her Autumn-Winter fashion line. Mom also asked Cherry to call her 'mother' instead of Mrs. Jovial because that was way too formal.

"Just a little bit more, darling. Patsy, work faster." And she was back to her scribbling and sketching on white sheets of paper.

Mother also introduced Cherry and me to her co-workers. A lady in her mid-thirties called Suzanne Marin was the accounts manager and publicist of the workhouse. Annemarie Jacob was mother's right hand, like a personal secretary. Patsy Rodrick was a French woman who took care of the measurements as was in-charge of the women who stitched and prepared the materials. There was another guy, in his mid-twenties who was my mother's left hand- he looked after the sketches and helped in the modelling area. He was married and was more of a brother to the models in the work house, who were mainly females.

"Okay." Patsy said, after a lot of measuring. " Jolene it's done!"

"Good. Now, take Cherry upstairs and introduce her to the rest of the team members." Mom told her. Cherry sighed a 'finally' and left with Patsy, me trailing behind them. The first floor had a brilliant appearance, it was more like a place for the models to practice for their actual show. There was a mini ramp and a bunch of walk-in closets for the models to get changed in. There at one corner of the so called hall sat a few pretty young girls of around twenty.

Patsy introduced the three other models to Cherry,  One was blonde, the second one had auburn hair and the third one was black-haired .

"Girls, this is Cherry Williams, your new colleague, she is Jolene's son- Maurice's girlfriend."

"Hello." The   redhead spoke up first among them. "I am Andie Simpson."

"Hi there! I am Lauren. Lauren Meyer." The blonde which had blue eyes spoke up next.

"Hey, girl! " The third model greeted, flashing her pearly whites as she shook Cherry's hand. " I am Manisha Bothra."

" Have fun working together. And well...even though I was not supposed to do this...but out of generosity I am introducing Jolene's son Maurice Jovial to all of you as well." Patsy said, patting my back softly.

The girls giggled at the middle-aged woman as she left the five of us and hurried downstairs.

It did not take much time for us to ignite a conversation, that too a pretty candid one. The girls kept on talking about anything and everything. They spoke about their nationalities, their career plans, their previous achievements in this fashion line, about Jolene Jovial's fashion trends and success to details about their personal life.

According to what they said, Andie was a tennis player before joining modelling, she was more inclined to sports than to the fashion industry, she is  an Aussie who had been traveling around the world since the last five years and had all of a sudden met Jolene and her fashion charade took a flight up. Lauren was the youngest of all. She was from Philadelphia and had been DJ-ing for the last eight months in the famous club in NY. She had recently broken up with her boyfriend and was having a hard time stabilizing herself as single and independent back  again. Manisha was an Indian model working in NY for the past seven years, she was a freelance writer back in India and has a craze for Taylor Swift music.

"By the way, it's kinda hard to believe that you two have been dating for only a few months, your actions prove otherwise." Andie said.

"Oh, well." Cherry smirked at me. " We are highly compatible."

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading.

1. vote

2. comment'

3. share TDMM ''

The chapter is dedicated to my sweet follower-

Aalok

xoxo