Chapter 45

Song for this chapter-

Stand By You- Rachel Platten

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you know what one actually needs after a whole day of dealing with paparazzi and seeing your mate adapt to her new profession?

A refreshing cool shower.

Maybe it was way too humid today, or it is the normal weather out here in New York because I felt surprisingly hot. As if , my skin was on fire at the sun's heat throughout the day.

As droplets of water trickled down my bare arms, I felt my nerves relax. The bathroom was pretty luxurious if you ask me, and had stuff which you didn't even need but, hey who am I to complain? It is my Dad's hotel.

The  peach and musk fragrance spread throughout the suite as soon as I stepped out of the washroom, a towel wrapped around my waist and another around my bare shoulders.

"Put on some clothes, Maurice." Cherry mumbled incoherently as she glanced at me.

She was flipping through a Vogue magazine,  curled up on the sofa,her long hair loosely tied up in a bun.

 I passed by her to the bedroom on the other side which had our luggage. Taking out a pair of denim jeans and a green polo shirt to go with it, I put back my suitcase again. I quickly changed into the fresh set of clothes and wiped my hair dry. Not bothering to tame it, I took my wallet and phone and left the room.

"What's up?" I asked as I made myself comfortable beside Cherry. She gave me a twice look-over and grunted.

"The freaking ceiling." I just snickered at that comment.

"Umm..I wanted to tell you something...if only Ma'am can split a tiny bit of attention towards me ..." I joked.

"Yeah." She sighed, closing her mag and looking at me. "Sorry, babe, but this whole modelling thing is getting me into depression."

"Why?"

"Seems like  I won't make it. Never even tried walking with six-inch heels." She said.

I put an arm around her shoulder and pull her closer to me.She hid her face at the crook of my neck, like always. I heard a sharp intake of breath.

"Are you smelling me?" I asked her.

"Kinda. You do smell nice ."

Mental note to myself:Personally  thank the maker of the soap you just used.

"It isn't the soap. I like the smell of you." She said.

Damn, I totally forgot she can hear my thoughts all right.

"Of course." She told me.

I'd rather stop thinking to myself.

Cherry looked  up at me, her eyes filled with an emotion I always feel when she is around me. Love. Connection. Comfort.

She slowly closed the small gap that existed between us, placing her soft lips on mine. The sudden rush of adrenaline was back, our lips moulded perfectly with each others. I closed my eyes inhaling her scent as I wrapped my arms around her waist, bringing her closer to me.Her hands traveled up to my neck as she tugged at my still half-wet hair and kissed me harder.

And that's when I felt something that I had never felt before: I felt home.

A whole new different meaning to the word which explained so much than a shelter. I felt that this is where I actually belong- to her.

"Maurice." She breathed my name as we parted to gasp for air.

And our perfect moment had to ruin with that as Lost Frequencies started playing from somewhere. We looked around and Cherry motioned towards my jeans pocket. I groaned and took out the Iphone, ready to lash out at whoever the hell had called up to ruin our little moment together.

The caller ID flashed on the screen: Brent

"Dude you really have perfect timing." I said, sarcasm lacing my deep voice.

"Well hello to you too, man." Brenton chuckled at my reaction.

"No, seriously, we were in the middle of-" I was elbowed harshly in my rib cage by Cherry.   A warning glare."Oww..!"

"What happened...?" Brenton asked.

"Kendall just damaged my ribs."

I heard Camelia's voice in the background ,chuckling.

"Hey, man." Cason's voice came next. "Missed me?"

"Not as such..." I teased. Cason just laughed on the other side.

"So..how is it going..the whole 'I am Mr. Maxwell Jovial's son' thingy...?"

"It's going good. Kendall just got a job at Mom's workhouse ."

"Model..?" Camelia asked.

"Yeah."

Beside me, Cherry was mouthing me to 'put it on speaker'.

"No." I mouthed back and continued my conversation with the three of them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good morning New York City! This is your host  Simaya Caesar and I have one of the youngest  and the hottest  entrepreneur. The son of the renowned owner of Paradise Hotels - Mr. Maxwell Jovial and the beautiful fashion designer Mrs. Jolene Jovial. Mr. Maurice Jovial." The host of the Morning NY Show greeted the people on the other side. There was a live telecast going on.

"Hello." I smiled at the camera.

"So, Maurice, how do you feel, coming back home?" The interviewer asked me.

I don't feel like coming back home at all, these people are too messed up with their own lives to care and make me feel home when I was dying for that feeling.

"It's great. The people here have been really cooperative and supportive." I said.

"Any plans during your visit in this city?"

"Well." I pondered upon the question for a second. "Yeah, provided that this is my first time here...I am planning on a sightseeing trip with Cherry." I had to be extra careful as to not spill out 'Kendall' instead of 'Cherry'. Our middle names were not to be given away in public.

"About that...who is this girl? Is she the one you have been spotted with at the airport a day back?" Questions were shot at me immediately.

And this is where my play acting comes up.

'Do not let them know about the mate thingy.' Mom had said.

'And tell them about the modelling thingy too. That would be beneficial for your mother.' Dad had recommended.

"Cherry Williams and I are...." I paused, searching for the appropriate word."Dating.Well, we have been together for the last few months. She is aspires to be a model and well, she is one of the models in my Mom's Autumn-Winter fashion line." That was like an advertisement for my mother, not that she needed one, but whatever.

"So, Maurice, Mr. Maxwell has already told the media that you are taking up his CEO post soon. Is that true?"

"Adequately, except the 'soon' part." I said.

"Well, thank you for joining us today, Mr. Jovial. It was a pleasure having you here."

"Likewise." I shook hands with the interviewer and the director shouted "CUT!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for reading my sweet little noodles!!

VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE !!

Aalok

xoxoxo