Chapter 1: Exhaustion

Ron was really getting tired of this. For the past six months, Kim's been head over heels in love with Josh Mankey. The boy remembers helping his friend ask the guy out on a date since she was too shy to ask him but when he ask her out, she just shove him aside and walk away with her new boyfriend like he was nothing. They use to be close. Both would spend every waking moment together whether it's in the lunchroom, Bueno Nacho or after school hours. But when Josh came into the picture it was suddenly all about him. Don't get him wrong. He understood the reason why Kim needed her space and would preferably spend more time with her boyfriend but as days and months pass by, she started visiting him less and less until she stops meeting him altogether. The only instances where they do meet were on missions.

Which was another whole mess by itself to deal with, when Kim started dating, she became more reckless in her fights and wouldn't think twice of the consequences. Most of the time, the blame would fall on his shoulders. Kim would normally head into battle, skipping the speech and jumping right into the fray with Shego until Ron was force to activate the self-destruct button to stop their fight. Her actions usually give the advantage to the villains.

Currently he was by his best friends side as he watches the cops drag Shego and Drakken away in handcuffs and it was all thanks to him, but yet again, the reporters mistake Kim for being the source of their success and he had nothing to do with it.

Sometime he couldn't help but ask if they were really friends or if Kim's been playing with him for a long time. He questioned what he is to her: a friend, a partner or some possession? Ron knew Kim could easily be jealous and when she does it's best not to get in her way.

Ron raises his head recalling the promise they made as kids. The one never to lie to each other however, Kims been lying to him for a long time. The only reason why he didn't blow a fuse with her is because her secrets were always so minor so instead of being angry with her, he forgave her.

But Kim isn't the only one to blame. He too is keeping a secret from her however, unlike hers; this secret isn't his to share. Ever since his visit to Yamauchi Ron's gotten better in fighting and he hone his skills tapping into his mystical monkey power bit by bit. It helps that he gotten more time to train with all the free time he has gotten from missions and whenever Kim was on a date.

Of course, he didn't forget the offer he had gotten from Sensei to continue his training on Tai Shing Pek Kwar and chi but he felt uncomfortable going back there. Going back there, felt like a burden especially with the title of Chosen Once weighing heavily on him. Although he was surprise to hear sensei's patience and proclaiming that he will wait for him to return when he's ready. Ron would have expected the master to give up on him by now but he held to his beliefs.

Before Ron parted ways, he promised the master that he would keep the legacy of Yamauchi a secret which means if he is to keep this school hidden from outsiders, he can never reveal his true skills. Which is alright with him, Kim can have the limelight while he stays in the shadows.

For now, he'll take being the distraction and continue having his best friend's back.

Now, he just needs to deal with his new enemy in the form of, Josh Mankey...