Chapter 33: Shendu Wakes Up

Shendu opens his eyes and find that he was in a familiar place but it couldn't be as he hadn't been here for a very long time. He stares at his hands and legs stun to see his wounds completely heal like it wasn't even there in the first place. He couldn't grasp the concept. He knew he was bleeding badly and he shouldn't still be alive much less be able to feel his toes. He remembers using the last of his power to destroy the building and he didn't have much reserve to heal himself so how is he still alive?

He raises his head to see where he was right now. He knows he's back home in Ha Long Bay but the arrangement in the room is kinder strange. To be fair he hasn't been home for the past eleven years so everything here looks new to him.

Currently he was sitting on a Beijing mat. He found out that he was in an open space surrounded by wooden walls and concrete. Vases filled with beautiful flowers were lain in the four corners of the room. A shoji door was in front of him separating him from the rest of the house. Shendu slowly rose up from his bed grimacing in slight pain as he slides the door open and step onto the mansion.

The boy took a full sweep around the house and became nauseated being home after so many years. The mansion hasn't change after his departure. After he was taken in witness protection along with a new name and identity, he cut ties with his family except for his parents and uncle who also change their names. His parents... did whatever they want while his uncle became his caretaker making sure that he was safe.

The mansion he was born in were built using oak wood and concrete. At the center of such a vast mansion is a beautiful garden and a pound fill with lotuses and coy fish. Each of the joint houses has a two-story floor that can fit an army of hundreds inside. One of these rooms contain a dojo fill with katanas collected throughout the years. Most of them would cost millions.

Shendu wanders to another room also noting that none of the maids were posted anywhere in the area. He thinks that he had just stepped into the living room that holds a large tv screen and comfy couches and sofas. In front of a large couch was a small wooden table etch with dragon illustrations. Like the vases in the healing room this room contain four pots each with their own bamboo trees. Shendu looks above his head and saw a golden dragon statue on the ceiling.

The space of the living room was very large and it has a contrast of green and brown paint.

Shendu gawks and calculate the possessions in this room and approximate it to his millions in his bank account. He doesn't believe his fortune could cover the over-the-top prices in this room. That dragon above him would cost about over a million dollars. And that table in front of him looks like an antique. His eyes were spinning dizzily calculating the items in his head but he became focus again when he felt someone else's presence in the room. He turns around to confront the person who was trying to sneak up on him but when he looks at them his eyes widen and tears were flowing down his face. He saw his aunt and grandpa who he hasn't seen for years. They were standing in front of the entryway with smiles on their faces.

Shendu tear up, "Grandpa! Aunty Yoko!" he rushes to his grandfather and aunt and they brought him to their arms. They stay like that for the moment basking in the long-awaited reunion.

His aunt hugs him even tighter, "Oh, Shendu it's so good to see you again I only wish it was in better circumstances."

Shendu raises his head, "Grandpa... aunty, why am I here? After so many years why am I back home?"

His grandfather grimace, "I wish it was only because we miss you but unfortunately our enemy decides now is the best time to attack you. We had to sneak you out before they could kill you."

"They?" Shendu asks raising a brow.

The old man nods his head. He's an elderly gentleman who is in his late eighties. His hair was grey but there were still streaks of blond hair on his head. His eye color was the same as Shendu's, both sharing the same intellect. The old man leans forward it almost looks like he would tip over if he wasn't holding onto a wooden cane in his hand.