Chapter 16: PTA Meeting

Later that evening Ron paid a visit to Mrs. Possible. The red hair woman opens the door to find the boy she considers a son standing outside her house. "Ron! You're back late. Where were you? Kim hasn't said a thing. But first come inside, it's freezing outside."

She ushers him inside her home.

Ron gaze up at the woman who raise him after his uncle's death. She turns her head to the stairs, "Kimmie's upstairs in her room right now. She hasn't said anything after returning home. Did something happen?" she inquires turning to the boy.

Ron explains a little bit about what occurred in the mission and Mrs. Possible was quite furious about Kim's boyfriend for leaving her like that. Though she was glad her daughter made it back home in one piece and it's thanks to him.

She asks if he wants to see her however, Ron shook his head, "Ah no, actually I came to see you."

Mrs. Possible raise a brow while Ron avoided her gaze, "I need your help with something."

He clued her in about his parents, the coming PTA meeting and the threat of being sent to child service. He explains in great details about what his folks were doing behind his back and she couldn't believe it. Are those two even right in their heads she asks herself? Ron had expressed his desire to be emancipated from his parents.

"I see," Mrs. Possible mutter covering her face. She couldn't believe the Stoppables. "But are you certain you want to be emancipated?" the boy nods his head.

"I know it's much but I need your help in building a case against my parents. Over the years they have been taking money from my bank account without my knowledge and later on I've learnt they quit their jobs years ago. They already drop my cash down to a few millions and I don't want this to go on forever," Ron looks away before facing her serious, "I also don't want to be sent to child service only to be adopted by some random couple. If that happens, I won't be able to see you or KP again."

"But don't you think being adopted is easier than being emancipated. You're only 15 and I doubt the judge will give you what you requested."

"Good question, if the plan fails then we can still work on the adoption process. But still... I want to be free."

Mrs. Possible grows silent. She paces around the room. Soon she checks a calendar on a nearby wall, "PTA should start tomorrow. I think we should wait after the PTA meeting in case they come. If they do show up, we can still discuss the matter and possibly fix this mess. But if it comes to this point and they do not show up then I will hire a lawyer and build a case against them. Get some rest in the meantime. We can discuss more of this when tomorrow comes." The boy nods his head.

But unbeknownst to them a certain redhead was listening to their conversation.

When Ron had left the house, Mrs. Possible turn to the side of the stairwell where her daughter was hiding. "Kimmie dear I know you're there come on out."

Kim steps into the light fiddling with the thread in her jeans. The mother grimace, "You heard everything?" Kim didn't say anything but simply nods her head.

"Is Ron going away?" she asks hesitant. First of all, her boyfriend left her for dead and now her best friend is leaving. She doesn't think she will be able to bear it and felt awful for the way she treated him. She would like nothing more than to take it back. It seems again, Ron was right and she was wrong.

"I hope not Kimmie."

Kim protested, "But won't the problem be fixed if Mr. and Mrs. Stoppable show up. Maybe I can solve it? I can just get in touch with Wade and ask him to patch me through with his parents and remind them to come to the PTA meeting, no problem," she suggests reaching for her communicator but her mother grabs her wrist stopping her. She shook her head.