P10

It was the next day, FP3 and Qualifying. The media went wild yesterday when they saw both Leclercs leaving and arriving with a girl about half their age. No one knew who exactly she was, if she was a sister, a family friend, a cousin perhaps. Everything was unclear still and neither Charles nor Arthur have spoke up about it. So for now, it was a mystery for everyone else.

The F2 free practice went quite well, and now it was the start of Q1. Adi and Charles wished their brother good luck before he had to get out on track. Adeline watched the TV screen intently, focused on her brother only. Sure, she hoped that Paul and Kimi would do good as well, but she didn't know what car theirs was.

Q1 went well with no yellow or red flags and Arthur landed on P12. In about the middle of Q2, Arthur managed to get the fastest lap, Charles and Adeline sighing relieved and trying to keep their happiness to themselves.

After the third Qualifying session of the Formula two race has ended, Arthur was on P5. In the previous session, Q2, he managed to get on P2.

Arthur got out of the car after he was back in the garage. He took the steering wheel out and stood up, taking off his clothes before putting the steering wheel back in and getting out of the Formula 2 car. He took off his helmet and then his balaclava, ruffling his hair a little.

He had his interview in a few minutes, meaning there was no time for Adeline or Charles to congratulate or reassure him, depending on what his opinion on his result was.

"Do you want to wait in the garage while I go out for Quali?" Asked the Monegasque the french girl. "I can do that?" She asked, looking away from the screen to look at her somewhat brother. "I mean, i'm inviting you to.. so yeah." Charles shrugged. "It will be fine, trust me." "Alright then." The thirteen year old nodded, looking back at the screen for Arthurs interview.

Arthur spoke in English with the interviewer, unlike the small conversation between Charles and Adeline just was. His voice and accent sounded similar to Charles when he spoke english, the only thing you could could tell by who's who is that Arthurs accent sounded a little different than Charles, maybe not as heavy as the older's.
(Literally i can barely tell the difference when they talk)

Arthur explained that he was alright with the results and that he would try to get better results on the following day where the actual race was held.

After that, Arthur left to get to his drivers room, probably going to cool down a bit and rest or something. Then, Charles stood up, grabbing her arm gently to get her attention. She got the hint and stood up as well, following Charles out of the room. She was close behind the Monegasque as he walked through the paddock, making his way to the garage.

In the garage, he made sure to introduce Adeline to the mechanics as he didn't last time they were there. She shyly greeted everyone, but smiled and waved when she saw Carlos standing at the other end of the garage.

While the two Scuderia Ferrari drivers had to get into their car, a few mechanic went to get Adeline a chair so she could sit with them.

The Qualifying went well for everyone. There was just one yellow flag that lasted for a few seconds but other than that, everything was great. In the first two sessions, Charles managed to get P5. For Q3, it didn't look as good for him. They had only a few more minutes until the last session had ended and so far Charles was at P10.

Soon, Charles was on the last lap that could work out for him based on the time. When he crossed the finish line, every mechanic stood up in excitement. He had the fastest lap, a pole!!

Though, the excitement died down a little and turned into anticipation when Verstappen was on the last turn. He crossed the finish line and... he was 0.568 seconds faster than Charles.

Adeline was still so happy, her brother started in P2, the front line! If everything works well tomorrow, he could possibly win his home Grand Prix for the first time!!

Short chapter i know, so sorry!!! Tomorrow i'll try to post a longer one with the race. I completely forgot to write this yesterday and i remembered like 2 hours ago or so 💀 So sorry again lmao. <3

780