Small Announcement?

It's been a bit since I updated this book and I thought I'd take the time to mention this. People who find this book generally read up to like, chapter 9 or 10 and stop there. I get it, guys. You came here to get with the pink robot. That's why I wrote this book. You think it's over because you finally kissed him. It's not over. There's more to the story than just meet Mettaton, unwillingly let him stay with you, go shopping with him, take him to church, develop feelings for him, and kiss him.

This book was made to shed some light on a big issue. The entire plot involves a rape/child abuse survivor healing and growing from their past while helping an addict get clean. The reader is the survivor and Mettaton is the addict. You are helping him and he is helping you. It's literally how you both grew as people. It's not just "Smooch the robot!"

The actual relationship between the reader and Mettaton grows as they both learn to accept their past and move past it to become better people. That is the "A" plot. The "B" plot is the protests and petition to keep monsters on the surface. Having that "B" plot adds more to the story than the typical fluffy romance with the robot celebrity.

"But why did you throw in a supermodel? She has no relevance to the story!" Yes, she does. Not only did she serve as a massive hurdle for both the reader and Mettaton, but she may have had a greater role than that. Maybe she wanted to use Mettaton for fame? Maybe she wanted another reason to send monsters back to Mt. Ebbot? I might get into those questions in the sequel. But she definitely helped progress the "A" plot more and spur the real connection between the "A" and "B" plots.

With that out of the way, I wanna ask that you all start reading further into the book. If you really wanna grasp the entire plot, you will have to read the entire story. It will make more sense to see more character growth and development. If you just read until you get with him, that doesn't really feel very satisfying. Reading further, you get to really see how they help each other grow.