Chapter 5

As the sun set in the blazing desert sky, the moon rose behind it, casting long shadows onto the sand from the sand dunes that lay scattered around the terrain.

I could see this scenery from a portion of the windows that wasn't covered with posters.

I would do this every night; look outside and see the moon shining bright, along with the stars.

My heart jumps when I hear footsteps behind me. Turning around, I see that it's only Tommy.

A sigh of relief escapes my mouth as I pat the spot next to me on the windowsill for him to sit. "Hey Tommy, what's up?"

Tommy climbs up onto the windowsill, swinging his small legs back and forth. "I couldn't sleep; I'm not used to it here. I miss our cave." He confesses, looking at the black-and-white-tiled floor with his black hair covering his eyes.

I pat his back in a comforting manner. "I know what you mean, I couldn't sleep either. But it will take some time to get used to this place. I know it may seem unusual and uncomfortable, but we're better off here with Gerard and the Killjoys than out on our own, vulnerable to the Draculiods and BLI."

Tommy seemed a bit comforted with my words. He turns to me, gazing into my deep green eyes with his bright brown ones. "Can I sleep with you tonight, Jen?"

I smile and stand up, picking Tommy up and gently tossing him over my shoulder.

I then carefully and quietly made my way back to where multiple mattress, blankets, and pillows were scattered around the room, each mattress holding a sleeping person.

My mattress was next to Red's since, you know, she's the only other girl here.

Carefully setting Tommy down, I crawl into the makeshift bed behind him, pulling the quilt over ourselves.

"Goodnight, Jenna." Tommy mumbles sleepily, resting his read in the crook of my neck.

I kiss his forehead gently. "Night, Tommy." I reply before closing my eyes and letting sleep come over my exhausted body.

{}

"LOOK ALIVE, SUNSHINE!"

My eyes open quickly, only to be shut again due to the blinding light shining through the windows. Once my eyes finally adjust to the light, I see Confetti Bomb standing over me with a goofy grin on his face.

I groan. "It's too early to get up, Confetti." I then roll back over and close my eyes tightly in an attempt to shut the light out.

But Confetti Bomb being the way he was wouldn't accept no for an answer. I suddenly was then suddenly lifted from the ground still on the mattress.

"One..." It sounded like Fun Ghoul

"Two..." Confetti whispers deviously.

"THREE!" Ghoul and Confetti shout at the same time as I was thrown off of the mattress and onto the hard tiled floor.

I sit up immediately and let out a loud groan, rubbing my back repetitively with my hand.

I hear laughter from Fun Ghoul, Confetti Bomb, and Tommy. Glaring at them with annoyance, I stand up, hearing every joint in my body crack.

"Why are we up so early again?" I ask the two laughing men.

"Party wanted everyone up early to help you and Tommy here get started on Killjoy training." Ghoul explains, still grinning from the previous event.

"Let me get dressed." I say before rummaging through my bag to get my leather jacket, tank top, pants, and combat boots.

I raise an eyebrow at them.