Chapter 11

(Unknown's POV)

"I thought I told you to bring them back with you!" My boss screams at me, throwing his fists down on his shiny, silver desk.

"I couldn't! There were too many people around!" I yell back in defense. This guy really needs to chill.

"Were you not trained for sneaking around places without people noticing?" He retorts, spinning around in his desk chair to turn his back to me. "The deal is off."

"No, wait!" I shout before he dismisses me. "Please give me another chance. I need time! All I need is to get them alone, and it will be a piece of cake."

My boss turns his chair around with his hands folded neatly in his lap. He holds up one finger. "One more chance, but if you fail this time, the deal is off and you know the consequences."

I shudder and nod. I would be killed if I failed this time. "Yes, sir."

~

(Jenna's POV)

I wake up to hear a banging noise upstairs. "Crap." I hear a mutter, sounding like it was coming from the living room area.

I glance at the clock; 5:34am. Whoever was making noise up there was gonna get a scolding from me for waking me up at this hour. I need sleep.

Making sure I didn't wake Red or Tommy, I quietly open the door and make my way upstairs.

My eyes scan the room cautiously, just in case it was an intruder, I had brought my gun.

As I tip toe around the room, the sound of footsteps is heard. It echoes around the room, so I can't tell where they're coming from.

My blood runs cold when a hand suddenly covers my mouth and grabs my waist. I can't scream.

I tremble when I feel the nose of a gun against my temple.

"Drop the gun, darling."

The voice of the mysterious person chills me to the bone. His voice was unmistakable. Electric Skeleton.

Shaking in fear, I let the gun fall to the floor. Who knows what this guy can do? He used to be a spy, after all.

"Good girl, now come with me, princess," Skeleton commands, guiding me outside with a gun to my head, his hand still on my mouth and the other around my waist.

Skeleton leads me outside, slowly opening the door so it wouldn't creak and wake everyone up. The door was locked, how did he get in here?

When we are done walking, I see that we are a long way from The Nest. Skeleton leans towards me, letting his hot breath travel down my neck. "Are you gonna run away if I let you go?"

I shake my head, looking him dead in the eye, which I found to be difficult.

Smirking, Skeleton releases me, but still keeps his gun accessible. To my surprise, he steps away from me a few inches.

"What do you want?" I finally speak, my voice trembling in fear. I had no idea why he had brought me out here.

Skeleton ruffles his chocolate-colored hair and sits down criss cross applesauce. I just look at him with a confused expression.

He motions me with his hand to sit, so reluctantly, I obey. My heart rate slows down; I don't think he brought me out here to kill me or rape me.

"Happy to see me again, hun?" Skeleton asks in his usual flirty tone.

"Why did you bring me out here against my will, at gunpoint to be exact!" I whisper-shout at him.

Skeleton scoots closer to me and rests his hand on my shoulder. With a scowl, I shove it off. "I came to warn you about, Party Poison."

My head instantly perked up, eyes flashing with anger. "How dare you? Gerard has been the kindest guy to me! He's the one who found me!" My mouth instantly shuts when I realize I called him 'Gerard' instead of 'Party Poison'.

Skeleton clearly notices. "I see you've taken a liking to him, huh sweetheart?"

I blush, looking down and tracing my finger in the sand, avoiding his gaze.

"Listen, Jenna," Skelton takes my chin in his hand, gently, and forces me to look in his eyes. "Where you are living, there is someone there you cannot trust, someone who isn't telling you everythi-"

"Shut up!" I scream, tearing myself from his grasp. "Gerard may not be telling me all of his secrets, and he may not approve of my decision of wanting to become a spy, but I still love him more than any other guy!"

Skeleton's head jerks up in surprise. "You want to become a spy?"

Oh crap, did I say that out loud? "Uh, I didn't mean-"

Skeleton chuckles. "Why didn't you sat so, princess? I can train ya."

All of my embarrassment had gone; now I was just a bit skeptical. Why would he offer to train me for no cost at all? There had to be some sort of trick. "What's the catch?"

Skeleton shrugs, brushing his brown fringe out of his eyes. "Just a friendly favor. Besides, your body type suits being a spy; thin and sleek." He winks, causing me to smile a bit.

The idea of Skeleton training me didn't sound so bad, to be honest. The only issue is how I was going to do this without Gerard knowing, because I knew he would never approve.

"What do ya say, Jen?" Skeleton asks again, looking at me and awaiting my answer.

I hesitate, my brain still processing the idea. After a few seconds, I look directly at him and nod. "Okay. But how can we do this without Gerard or anyone else knowing?"

"Fake an injury," Skeleton replies simply. "You won't have to train to become an average Killjoy with them, so you can sleep during the day. At night, meet up with me here and I will train you to be the best spy out there. Better than Gerard."

By now, I had heard about Gerard's past of being a spy from Flame, so it didn't come as a shock to me.

I simply nod in response to Skeleton's plan.

"Great; we start tomorrow night at midnight. Don't be late, darling." He says before running away into the distance to heaven knows where.

A/N: Thanks for reading!

Just out of curiosity, who is your favorite character so far? :3

Usually, chapters won't be published this close together but I wanted to publish this one bc it helps put pieces of the story together.

*ALSO*
Reasons I love my mom:
1. She blasts I Write Sins Not Tragedies in the car
2. She blasts Skillet in the car
3. She blasts music in the car

Keep on voting and tell your friends! Thanks so much guys! Love you!

~Alex