Legends of Yesterday

The car slowed to a stop and I got out of the car taking a good look at the countryside and rolling hills. "A bunch of superheroes in a farmhouse? I feel like I've seen that in a movie before." Thea joked. I chuckled and grabbed the bags from the trunk of he car. "We need a secure location." Oliver told her. "What's wrong with S.T.A.R. Labs?" Caitlin asked. "Well, I mean, absolutely nothing if you forget about the revolving door you guys installed so the bad guys can come and go as they please." "Remind me again what happened to your old lair, or the one before that." She asked him. "Well, lair number one was compromised by the police, and... I will stop helping." Felicity said. "Savage only let Barry and I live because he felt Kendra start to emerge as Hawkgirl and went after her. He can sense her and Carter's presence. We don't need to make it easier on him by staying in the city limits." "Bet you wish you were staying at your mother's place now." I said.

"We need to find a way to neutralize Savage's advantage. Barry, you're late." Oliver noted as Barry walked in. "He's the Flash?" I asked shocked. "Yeah. Nice to meet you." Barry said and we shook hands. "Lyam Queen. I just got back from supposedly being dead for 8 years." I replied. Barry laughed. Barry  turned to Oliver. "Sorry. It turns out, it's not easy finding the ass end of nowhere." "Yeah, for real. The roaming charges alone are going to bankrupt me." Cisco said. "We're discussing how to take away Savage's newfound power." Oliver said catching him up. "And his magic stick thing." Felicity said. "Yeah, Staff of Horus." Carter corrected her. "Well, it's protected by some kind of energy field. I couldn't lay a finger on it." Barry explained. "Maybe if you wear mittens next time." Felicity suggested. "What if we made some sort of insulated gauntlets..." Caitlin said. "Oh, yeah, yeah, the magnetic shielding could disrupt the-" "The staff's magnetic polarity." Felicity finished Cisco's sentence. "Well, while the geek squad works-" "Heard that, honey." Felicity told Oliver. "While they work to get the staff away from Savage, we need to know everything there is to know about him." Oliver explained. "Well, I googled reincarnated nut jobs and came up with nothing." I informed him. "Kendra and I would be the reincarnated nut jobs. Savage is merely immortal." Carter explained. "Merely?" Laurel asked. "Welcome to the new normal." I sighed. "Anyone who's been around for 4,000 years should leave a trail. I'll check with A.R.G.U.S., see if they have anything on him." Diggle said. "Laurel and I can check police reports and stuff like that." I suggested. Laurel gave e a glare from the other side of the room and reluctantly got up and walked over to me. "Good. We need to find a way to utilize your new ability." "My ability?" She asked. "It might give us an advantage." "Yeah, whatever you do, don't let him train you." Barry suggested. Oliver sighed. "I'm sorry, but when it rains, I can still feel where he shot me with those arrows." "I'll handle her training, then." Carter stated. "Yeah."

My cell phone rung. It was Malcolm. I picked it up. "Now's not a good time, Malcolm." "I've arranged a meeting with Vandal Savage. You, me, and the speedster." "What? Wait, what about Oliver?" I asked. "Doesn't matter." He replied. "Why a meeting?" "Because negotiation is the only way out of this situation, Lyam. Savage is going to decimate Central City to get what he wants. If your child were here, you would understand." "Child?" I asked. "You know. The one Laurel aborted because you were presumed dead." He told me. "What?!" I yelled into the phone. "Hey Lyam you alright?" Laurel asked poking her heading the room. "Yeah, yeah fine." "Suit up. I've already spoke with fleet feet, he's on his way." Malcolm told me. 

"Thank you for coming." I said to Barry once he arrived. "I know this is more than a little crazy." I added. "Yeah, well, your friend with the creepy ring asked so nicely. Please tell me we're not going to negotiate with terrorists. Or, you know, 4,000-year-old bad guys." "Just think of this more as a fact-finding mission. Maybe Savage slips up and gives us something that we can use to our advantage." Malcolm scoffed. "Thea said you were being a little more humorous lately." He told me. I'm sorry, how do you know so much about Savage, anyway?" Barry asked Malcolm. "I don't know anything about him, Mr. Allen. No one does. That is why I'm afraid of him." "That's not the only reason to be afraid of me. I assure you." Savage said. I turned and locked eyes with him. "Thank you for joining me." He said. "What do you want?" I asked. "What all living things want- not to die." "I thought that wasn't a problem for you." Barry said. "Only if I take the lifeforce from Prince Khufu and Priestess Chay-Ara." "Kendra and Carter." I corrected. "The three of us are locked in a vicious circle played out over thousands of years. None of your concern." "We've made it our concern." I replied drawing back my bow and firing an arrow into his chest. Savage grunted before pulling the arrow out. "Robin of Locksley. I taught him how to use a bow. He taught me how to not feel pain. I'm the enemy you can't defeat. The only way for you and yours to live through this is to render onto me what is mine. Turn over Prince Khufu and Princess Chay-Ara within 24 hours, or I will lay waste to this city, killing everyone that you hold dear. And after that, I will travel to your home, and do the same thing there." He threatened. "All right, I'm just curious- did you rehearse that speech in a mirror this morning, or this all just off the cuff?" Barry asked. I sighed while  Savage chuckled. "Why would you risk the lives of your friends and family for two strangers? 206 times I have killed them. What hubris possesses you that makes you think that you can prevent me from doing so again?" He asked. "Not hubris. Hope." Barry replied. "I came to this meeting out of curiosity. It is now sated. Bring Khufu and Chay-Ara to Jurgens Industrial in 24 hours or I will see you dead and buried under the bodies of your loved ones.