Chapter 1

TW: Mention of sh & blood (but not extreme)

"It's been.. almost four weeks since Kaveh has passed and three since the funeral. I haven't seen Alhaitham since that day at the funeral." Tighnari sighed, his chin resting on the palm of his hand. Cyno was right in front of him, placing down cards as Tighnari was just stressing over about what had happened. "I'm really worried about him, you know? I mean, I really can't blame him. If that were you, I'd never be coming out of my room."

Cyno suddenly looked up, raising an eyebrow. Why the hell did Tighnari suddenly say that? "And what makes you think I'd end up like that? No, better question; what makes you think I'd like to see you in a state like that? Sometimes, things are just better to not be said."

"Uhuh, that's ironic. You're always the one speaking nonsense when I tell you to shut your mouth." Tighnari spat out. He threw his cards on the table and gave out a long sigh, "I don't know. I helped Alhaitham plan out his wedding, and I just wanted everything to go well for him. He's my friend, and Kaveh was a good friend of mine too. It sucks knowing they're not getting married to each other when they were literally head over heels for each other."

Suddenly, Tighnari felt a warm hand on his own. Then there was a calm voice that came out of Cyno's mouth, "I know you're worried about Alhaitham, but don't overstress yourself about it. I know we just lost our really good friend, but we're going to have to move on no matter what. Just give Alhaitham some space. I'm sure he'll be all right. It's going to be hard, especially for him. Otherwise if you're really worried about him, just go check up on him. Didn't Kaveh tell you where he always hid his spare key after he got engaged because Alhaitham always locked him out?"

Tighnari nodded, "You're right. I'll actually go check up on Alhaitham. I really don't want him doing anything stupid whatsoever. Just promise me you're not going to say anything stupid or offensive to him. No, actually, just don't even say anything at all. That'd be better."

Cyno rolled his eyes and giggled to lighten up the mood, "All right, fine." He crossed his arms and leaned back, waiting for Tighnari to go. Tighnari, not taking the hint, just sat and stared at Cyno. Cyno sighed, "You can go now."

Tighnari blinked and stood up, "Right. I'll get going right now." He then walked away.

As Tighnari was making his way to Alhaitham's house, he noticed a guy in a really unusual outfit. He seemed to have blonde hair like Kaveh did too, but decided to ignore it. It was probably a figment of his imagination anyway. Once he reached the house, he took the keys from under the doormat and unlocked the house, walking right in.

The house was completely silent. Not only that, but the house was in a huge mess too. It seemed like Alhaitham barely got out of his room after all.

Tighnari slowly made his way to Kaveh's former room, figuring Alhaitham would probably be there. As expected, Alhaitham had his face buried in the pillows, his earpieces connected to the little device, and the room a huge mess. Since his shirt was so transparent, Tighnari could see scars. Those scars weren't there before. Then he looked over to the nightstand and saw a cutter that had blood on it. Right.

Tighnari walked towards the bed, sitting down. "So, how are you feeling right now?" He asked. No response. Tighnari could literally hear the sounds of Alhaitham sobbing quietly under that pillow. He really didn't take it easy, "You know, Kaveh wouldn't want to see you that wa-"

"Shut up, shut up." Alhaitham said, almost as if he tried to yell. Then he paused for a bit before mumbling, "Don't tell me anything about what Kaveh would've wanted. You don't know anything.... You wouldn't know-.. anything."

Well, he was right. Tighnari wouldn't know what it felt like or what Kaveh would've wanted. Although he knew seeing Alhaitham sobbing into the pillows for almost a month straight wasn't something Kaveh would've wanted to see. "You're right. I wouldn't know. But I do happen to know that no one would want to see you in a state like this. I know it's hard. It's hard for all of us, especially for you. Just know we're always here for you, and that he loves you too, whether he's still here or not."